Coming up this week, the fleet is on two-hour notice for Sitka herring, the halibut quota for CDQ fisheries are down this year, an explosion aboard a factory trawler takes the life of one crewman, and going for geoduck. We had help from KYUK’s Ben Matheson in Bethel, KUCB’s Lauren Rosenthal in Unalaska, KDLG’s Mike Mason in Dillingham, KRBD’s Leila Kheiry in Ketchikan and KFSK’s Joe Viechnicki in Petersburg.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Raiders Set To Split For Las Vegas, Leaving Oakland ... In A Year Or Two
- D.C.'s Missing Teens: A False Number That Spurred A Real Conversation On Race
- AP Calculates North Carolina's 'Bathroom Bill' Will Cost More Than $3.7 Billion
- Attorney General Orders Crackdown On 'Sanctuary Cities,' Threatens Holding Funds
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, March 27, 2017
- Sitka Sound roe herring fishery opens
- Sitka starts celebration for Alaska’s 150th anniversary with the U.S.
- Top athletes compete in Haines for Freeride World Tour
- Birch Hill cross country ski races to kick off in Fairbanks
- Young gives Trump a hand at bill signing
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages