It’s a fairly light agenda for the Kodiak Borough Assembly’s regular meeting tonight. First up is a series of proclamations, including Choose Respect and Women’s History Month. The assembly will also take a final look at its 2014 strategic plan and vote on whether or not to approve it. Also on tonight’s agenda is a resolution to approve non-profit funding for Hospice of Kodiak, and the first reading of an ordinance to alter the boundary of Womens Bay Service Area to include two additional lots that will be part of the borough’s spring land sale.
Tonight’s meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough assembly chambers and will be broadcast live on KMXT. Public comments will be taken at the beginning and end of the meeting and are limited to three minutes per speaker.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Administration Sends Mixed Signals On State Health Insurance Waivers
- Young Children Are Spending Much More Time In Front Of Small Screens
- Why Older People Didn't Fare Well In Northern California Wildfires
- Quebec Enacts 'Religious Neutrality Law' That Curbs Full-Face Veils In Public
- Spain Moves To Strip Catalonia's Autonomy After Secession Showdown
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
- Fish and Game looks to secure water rights along major state rivers
- Iditarod names Joseph Redington, Jr. 2018 Honorary Musher
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages