Annie Ropeik, Lauren Rosenthal/KUCB
A member of the Coast Guard Marine Safety Detachment in Unalaska has passed away in Anchorage.
Petty Officer Michal Marciniak died at Alaska Regional Hospital Tuesday morning while receiving treatment for a serious illness. Marciniak had fallen ill Monday morning and was medevacked to Cold Bay on a Coast Guard helicopter. A commercial medevac brought him to Alaska Regional’s emergency room in critical condition.
Petty officer Shawn Eggert says the Coast Guard is investigating what happened, but at this point, he says it’s clear Marciniak’s illness wasn’t linked to his job.
Marciniak was a Marine Science Technician — one of five at the Unalaska MSD. He was 30 years old.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Education Department Faces Deep Cuts; DeVos Faces Tough Questions
- Foreign Policy Thinker Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies At 89
- Two Sisters Try To Tackle Drug Use At A Montana Indian Reservation
- Report: Kushner Discussed Setting Up Secret Communications With Russia
- Life-Without-Parole Sentences For D.C. Sniper Thrown Out By Judge
- British Airways: Computer problems cause flight delays
- Manchester attack: Moss Side evacuation in bomb probe
- Labour promises flexible train tickets and money for grassroots football
- Kushner 'discussed secret line to Moscow' - US media reports
- 'No regrets' over bomb photo use - editor
- Chris Cornell: Friends and family at Soundgarden singer's funeral
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, May 26, 2017
- The state of our education system
- This weekend, Ryan Zinke makes inaugural Alaska visit as Interior Secretary
- Man shot by Fairbanks police after ramming into trooper, officer vehicles
- Fee to hike Kodiak’s Termination Point removed
- Two Interior residents missing after Yukon boating accident
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages