The search is on for a mariner who fell overboard from the fishing vessel Seaker, about 10 miles northwest of Unimak Island Wednesday morning.
Nearby Good Samaritan vessels and a Coast Guard helicopter from Cold Bay have been searching the area where the man went in, and the cutter Alex Haley was reported en route to assist.
The search is being conducted in 10-foot seas with 35 MPH winds.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- China Acknowledges Sale Of Advanced Missile Technology To Pakistan
- John Bolton's Curious Appearance In A Russian Gun Rights Video
- On Defense Over Russia, Trump Could Get Another Boost From House Intel Panel
- Unlike Much Of The Rest Of Washington, The Supreme Court Is No Snowflake
- Invisibilia: We All Think We Know The People We Love. We're All Deluded
- Theresa May to warn EU leaders of Russian threat to democracy
- Facebook's Zuckerberg 'sorry' over Cambridge Analytica 'breach'
- Westminster attack: Tobias Ellwood recalls 'eerie' silence
- UK passports 'to be made in France after Brexit'
- A blueberry muffin 'could have day's worth of sugar'
- Austin bomber: Deceased suspect named in Texas blasts
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- After avalanche, crews clear road to Hatcher Pass
- Achieving wellness through Medicaid expansion
- Perryville man arrested, charged with murdering his grandfather
- In thwarted home invasion, Alakanuk shooter stopped by daughter’s boyfriend
- Response to oil spill in the Shuyak Strait continues
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages