The search is on for a mariner who fell overboard from the fishing vessel Seaker, about 10 miles northwest of Unimak Island Wednesday morning.
Nearby Good Samaritan vessels and a Coast Guard helicopter from Cold Bay have been searching the area where the man went in, and the cutter Alex Haley was reported en route to assist.
The search is being conducted in 10-foot seas with 35 MPH winds.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump To Outline His Blueprint For Military And Foreign Policy
- As Temperatures Fall, No Halt To Evictions Across Most Of The Country
- Week Ahead: Trump Might Get His Tax Bill, But That Might Be It Until After 2018
- On A Bad Date? These Apps Could Help You Stay Safe
- Older Adults' Forgetfulness Tied To Faulty Brain Rhythms In Sleep
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages