Last month Senator Lisa Murkowski announced her nominations for appointments to U.S. military service academies, which included a student from Kodiak.
James Carroll was nominated by Murkowski for both the U.S. Naval Academy and the U.S. Military Academy.
Each year, Murkowski accepts applications from high school seniors for these nominations, and this year she nominated around 34 students from all around the state to various branches of military. The students are selected based on their academic performance, extracurricular activities and demonstration of leadership.
Murkowski’s nominees for this year will now compete against candidates nationwide for a spot at the academy they were nominated for. A congressional nomination does not guarantee admission, but often helps in the process.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump To Outline His Blueprint For Military And Foreign Policy
- As Temperatures Fall, No Halt To Evictions Across Most Of The Country
- Week Ahead: Trump Might Get His Tax Bill, But That Might Be It Until After 2018
- On A Bad Date? These Apps Could Help You Stay Safe
- Older Adults' Forgetfulness Tied To Faulty Brain Rhythms In Sleep
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages