Half of Kodiak’s Juneau delegation will be in town this weekend. Representative Alan Austerman will make a trip back to the island on Saturday and hold a constituent meeting to provide an update on the legislative session so far, and answer any questions community members might have.
Austerman co-chairs the house finance committee, which recently adopted a $9.149 billion draft operating budget. That amount is $27.9 million less unrestricted general funds than Governor Sean Parnell’s amended budget and $40.4 million less than the current FY 2014 budget.
Public testimony was taken earlier this week on the draft budget, and amendments will be considered by House Finance next week.
Austerman’s constituent meeting will be held at 1 p.m. on Saturday at the legislative information office.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- As Rain Keeps Falling, Sierra Leone Scrambles To Find Mudslide Survivors
- Bannon, Unplugged: White House Strategist Pushes Trade Agenda, Undercuts Colleagues
- Van Strikes Crowd In Barcelona; Multiple Injured, At Least One Dead, Police Say
- Found: 1-Carrot Diamond Ring
- As Tunisia Weighs Women's Rights Proposal, Some Of The Staunchest Opponents Are Women
- Mat-Su Assembly puts off plastic bag tax vote
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2017
- Haines Assembly members survive divisive recall election
- Imprisoned former militia leader Schaeffer Cox has appeal hearing
- Clark’s Point drawing families back to the village by reopening its school
- Dimond High Presidential Scholar travels to D.C. to receive award
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages