Half of Kodiak’s Juneau delegation will be in town this weekend. Representative Alan Austerman will make a trip back to the island on Saturday and hold a constituent meeting to provide an update on the legislative session so far, and answer any questions community members might have.
Austerman co-chairs the house finance committee, which recently adopted a $9.149 billion draft operating budget. That amount is $27.9 million less unrestricted general funds than Governor Sean Parnell’s amended budget and $40.4 million less than the current FY 2014 budget.
Public testimony was taken earlier this week on the draft budget, and amendments will be considered by House Finance next week.
Austerman’s constituent meeting will be held at 1 p.m. on Saturday at the legislative information office.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Government Shuts Down As Congress Fails To Pass Funding Measure
- Senate Set To Vote On Government Funding Bill Before Midnight
- L.A. Coroner: Tom Petty's Death Was Due To An Accidental Overdose
- Federal Charge Brought In Assault On Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul
- Justice Department To Retry Sen. Robert Menendez And Friend In Corruption Case
- US shutdown begins as Senate fails to pass new budget
- Macron says 'special' UK deal possible
- US musician Tom Petty died of 'accidental drug overdose'
- British tourists warned to 'stay in resorts' in Jamaica security emergency
- Will Gompertz reviews Sky Atlantic's drama Britannia ★★★☆☆
- Persian shallot 'could help fight TB antibiotic resistance'
- What’s open, what’s closed if the government shuts down
- Governor follows up on State of the State speech
- AK: What’s it like to drive a 54,000 pound DOT plow truck?
- Ready to mush: Kusko 300 ready to kick off
- Interior aims to sign King Cove road deal Monday, official confirms
- Diverse backgrounds among three on list for vacant state Senate seat
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages