Half of Kodiak’s Juneau delegation will be in town this weekend. Representative Alan Austerman will make a trip back to the island on Saturday and hold a constituent meeting to provide an update on the legislative session so far, and answer any questions community members might have.
Austerman co-chairs the house finance committee, which recently adopted a $9.149 billion draft operating budget. That amount is $27.9 million less unrestricted general funds than Governor Sean Parnell’s amended budget and $40.4 million less than the current FY 2014 budget.
Public testimony was taken earlier this week on the draft budget, and amendments will be considered by House Finance next week.
Austerman’s constituent meeting will be held at 1 p.m. on Saturday at the legislative information office.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Heathrow Airport: MPs gear up for crunch third runway vote
- Turkey election: Erdogan wins re-election as president
- Uber to begin appeal over London licence denial
- Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- Garden waste collection charges rise to £74m a year
- 'I'm a trade unionist, not a terrorist'
- Power lunch: US senators transfixed by Bear Cam
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Investing in small business
- Search still on for bear that killed one, mauled another in Eagle River
- Anchorage police arrest dozens in ‘Operation Midnight Sun’
- Two Alaska projects selected for federal marine energy innovation grant funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages