The Alaska SeaLife Center announced the winners of the 2014 Alaska Ocean Leadership Awards last month and the Pribilof Sudent Marine Research Student Team received the Ocean Youth Award.
Each year the SeaLife Center recognizes individuals and organizations that have contributed to awareness and sustainability of marine resources. The Pribilof Student Marine Research Student Team is group of young scientists that have spent almost half a decade studying marine species indigenous to the Bering Sea and Pribilof Islands. They worked closely with the rare species of Blue King Crab and have contributed to the research surrounding sustainable management of the stocks.
Some members of Pribilof’s student team were in Kodiak over the summer and learned about different research methods being used by NOAA, University of Alaska Fairbanks and the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.
The Ocean Youth Award will be presented during the Alaska Marine Gala.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Russia-Based Kaspersky Lab Sues Trump Administration For Banning Its Software
- U.N. Human Rights Chief: Aung San Suu Kyi Could Be Culpable For Genocide
- Cities With Uber Have Lower Rates Of Ambulance Usage
- Could A Zap To The Brain Derail Destructive Impulses?
- 'Panic And Confusion' As Pakistan Orders Foreign Aid Groups To Shut Down
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Deaths as carriages fall on US motorway
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Aerial footage of the scene
- RAF Mildenhall: Shots fired in security alert at US Suffolk airbase
- Trump: Russia and China ‘rival powers’ in new security plan
- Liverpool jail: The worst conditions ever seen, says report
- Cyril Ramaphosa is elected ANC leader
- Pebble names First Quantum Minerals as new partner
- Algo Nuevo December 17, 2017
- For third straight year, Gov. Walker proposes budget drawing from Permanent Fund earnings
- ACLU sounds alarm on non-criminal immigrant detentions in Anchorage
- Alaska marijuana regulators issue first-ever license revocation after slew of violations
- Conoco hopes to crack open off-limits North Slope land
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages