The Alaska SeaLife Center announced the winners of the 2014 Alaska Ocean Leadership Awards last month and the Pribilof Sudent Marine Research Student Team received the Ocean Youth Award.
Each year the SeaLife Center recognizes individuals and organizations that have contributed to awareness and sustainability of marine resources. The Pribilof Student Marine Research Student Team is group of young scientists that have spent almost half a decade studying marine species indigenous to the Bering Sea and Pribilof Islands. They worked closely with the rare species of Blue King Crab and have contributed to the research surrounding sustainable management of the stocks.
Some members of Pribilof’s student team were in Kodiak over the summer and learned about different research methods being used by NOAA, University of Alaska Fairbanks and the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.
The Ocean Youth Award will be presented during the Alaska Marine Gala.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Pentagon Will Build 2 More Temporary Camps To House Migrants, Mattis Says
- Casualty Of Trade Tensions: Harley-Davidson Shifting More Production Overseas
- Red Meat Allergies Caused By Tick Bites Are On The Rise
- Pregnant Women: Avoid Soft Cheeses, But Do Get These Shots
- House Republicans Face Another Week Of Fighting Over Immigration
- Heathrow Airport: Boris Johnson defends missing runway vote
- Turkey election: Erdogan win ushers in new presidential era
- Jamaica deaths: Manchester couple 'dreamed' of move
- Roseanne Barr regrets becoming 'hate magnet'
- Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house
- Terminally ill woman makes memory boxes for her children
- Power lunch: US senators transfixed by Bear Cam
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Investing in small business
- Search still on for bear that killed one, mauled another in Eagle River
- Anchorage police arrest dozens in ‘Operation Midnight Sun’
- Two Alaska projects selected for federal marine energy innovation grant funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages