Those hoping to access borough assembly meeting agendas or agenda packets can do so a little easier now. Earlier this month the borough assembly started using an application called AgendaNotes, which Borough Clerk Nova Javier said should make life a lot simpler for assembly members and the general public.
In an email, Javier said the assembly has been using paperless agenda packets since 2008, but compiling the documents from various departments and meeting presenters has been rather difficult. She said the new program allows the clerk’s office to efficiently compile information and update things that need to be updated in a timely fashion. The agendas are put together in just a few steps, and uploaded to assembly member’s iPads for easy access.
But the new program has perks for the public too. Javier said agenda packets have previously only been available in PDF form. That format often took a long time to download, especially if it was a particularly large packet. She said the new system will put information on the web in a variety of user-friendly formats almost as soon as the agendas are created. As information gets updated, Javier said the information online will be updated instantaneously, so the public will have just as up-to-date information as the assembly.
Overall, Javier said the hope is to increase transparency and make meeting documents more accessible to those outside of the assembly. The meeting schedules, agendas and packets are all posted on the borough’s website.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Government Shuts Down As Congress Fails To Pass Funding Measure
- Senate Set To Vote On Government Funding Bill Before Midnight
- L.A. Coroner: Tom Petty's Death Was Due To An Accidental Overdose
- Federal Charge Brought In Assault On Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul
- Justice Department To Retry Sen. Robert Menendez And Friend In Corruption Case
- US shutdown begins as Senate fails to pass new budget
- Macron says 'special' UK deal possible
- US musician Tom Petty died of 'accidental drug overdose'
- British tourists warned to 'stay in resorts' in Jamaica security emergency
- Will Gompertz reviews Sky Atlantic's drama Britannia ★★★☆☆
- Persian shallot 'could help fight TB antibiotic resistance'
- What’s open, what’s closed if the government shuts down
- Governor follows up on State of the State speech
- AK: What’s it like to drive a 54,000 pound DOT plow truck?
- Ready to mush: Kusko 300 ready to kick off
- Interior aims to sign King Cove road deal Monday, official confirms
- Diverse backgrounds among three on list for vacant state Senate seat
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages