A Coast Guard Air Station Kodiak Jayhawk helicopter crew medevac’d another injured mariner from a floating processor off of Cold Bay Wednesday. This time it was from the 680-foot Ocean Phoenix, the largest fishing vessel in the nation.
The helicopter crew transported the unidentified woman 75-miles back to Cold Bay for a commercial flight to Anchorage. The 25-year-old was suffering from severe chest pain.
The Jayhawk and crew are forward-deployed in Kodiak for the fishing season. It’s their second medevac this week.
Weather on scene was reported as 27 degrees, wind speed of 26 mph, visibility at 3.5 miles and snowing.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 20 Injured As Massive Fire Tears Through Senior Living Center Near Philadelphia
- Jesse Jackson Says He Has Parkinson's Disease
- Young Men, Frequent Drivers Most Likely To Get Distracted While Driving
- Clues In That Mysterious Radioactive Cloud Point Toward Russia
- Government Outlines When It Will Disclose Or Exploit Software Vulnerabilities
- Aircraft and helicopter in mid-air crash
- Brexit: EU gives May two weeks to act on divorce bill and Ireland
- Mistakes in benefits claims could cost up to £500m
- George Bush Snr accused of groping by eighth woman
- The degrees that make you rich... and the ones that don't
- Hero dog Mali receives highest award for gallantry
- Behind the scenes with ACT’s new staff members
- ACLU says judges would invalidate crime law provision, but prosecutors see a solution
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017
- House passes tax plan, the bill Young says will open ANWR
- Interior Gas Utility sets public meetings to explain proposed purchase of Pentex Assets
- Bingo hall theft: Man in Halloween mask grabbed money and ran
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages