A Coast Guard Air Station Kodiak Jayhawk helicopter crew medevac’d another injured mariner from a floating processor off of Cold Bay Wednesday. This time it was from the 680-foot Ocean Phoenix, the largest fishing vessel in the nation.
The helicopter crew transported the unidentified woman 75-miles back to Cold Bay for a commercial flight to Anchorage. The 25-year-old was suffering from severe chest pain.
The Jayhawk and crew are forward-deployed in Kodiak for the fishing season. It’s their second medevac this week.
Weather on scene was reported as 27 degrees, wind speed of 26 mph, visibility at 3.5 miles and snowing.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Illinois Bishop Decrees No Communion, Funeral Rites For Same-Sex Spouses
- Arkansas Tries To Stop An Epidemic Of Herbicide Damage
- WATCH: It's Been A Long Week. So Here's A Gorilla Dancing In A Pool
- What The Man Who Ran Obamacare Thinks About the Republican Health Plan
- In North Carolina, No Is Not Always No, If The Sex Has Already Started
- Camden flats: Hundreds of homes evacuated over fire risk fears
- Brexit: EU leaders says UK offer could 'worsen situation'
- Dan Evans: Great Britain Davis Cup player tests positive for cocaine
- Exeter academy skirt boys win right to wear shorts
- Sally Hodkin murder: Failings led to killing by Nicola Edgington
- Radiohead on rare form at Glastonbury
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages