A Coast Guard Air Station Kodiak Jayhawk helicopter crew medevac’d another injured mariner from a floating processor off of Cold Bay Wednesday. This time it was from the 680-foot Ocean Phoenix, the largest fishing vessel in the nation.
The helicopter crew transported the unidentified woman 75-miles back to Cold Bay for a commercial flight to Anchorage. The 25-year-old was suffering from severe chest pain.
The Jayhawk and crew are forward-deployed in Kodiak for the fishing season. It’s their second medevac this week.
Weather on scene was reported as 27 degrees, wind speed of 26 mph, visibility at 3.5 miles and snowing.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Barcelona attack: New manhunt for suspected driver
- Sir Bruce Forsyth: TV legend dies aged 89
- Steve Bannon fired as Trump White House's top strategist
- Woman raped by Roman Polanski asks for 'mercy' to end case
- Charlottesville victim's mum rebukes Trump
- Lele Tao: The 'online goddess' who earns $450k a year
- Trump’s streamlining order: You’ve seen its kind before
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Aug. 18, 2017
- Fairbanks protesters organize against the state wolf control program
- Alaska Airlines pilots plan picket over lack of compensation
- How oyster milkshakes and teamwork are getting Alaska’s shellfish safely to market
- 49 Voices: William “Pops” Wilson of Wasilla
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages