The city council and borough assembly will come together tonight for a joint work session and discuss a handful of topics affecting both the city and the borough.
First up on the joint agenda is a fisheries analyst update. Back in September Denby Lloyd announced his resignation as the city and borough’s fisheries advisor, and both groups have been interviewing candidates since.
The council and assembly will also discuss letters to legislative reception sponsors and hear an update on the annual borough mayor’s conference. The joint work session will start at 6:30 p.m. tonight in the borough assembly chambers.
Following that joint gathering, assembly members will stick around the chambers for a work session of their own. On that agenda is handful of strategic planning discussions, including community health goals, fire protection and solid waste collection and disposal. The assembly will also hear an update from the construction manager of the Kodiak High School renovation project. The borough’s work session will start at 7:30 p.m.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Barcelona attack: New manhunt for suspected driver
- Sir Bruce Forsyth: TV legend dies aged 89
- Steve Bannon fired as Trump White House's top strategist
- Woman raped by Roman Polanski asks for 'mercy' to end case
- Charlottesville victim's mum rebukes Trump
- Lele Tao: The 'online goddess' who earns $450k a year
- Trump’s streamlining order: You’ve seen its kind before
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Aug. 18, 2017
- Fairbanks protesters organize against the state wolf control program
- Alaska Airlines pilots plan picket over lack of compensation
- How oyster milkshakes and teamwork are getting Alaska’s shellfish safely to market
- 49 Voices: William “Pops” Wilson of Wasilla
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages