The city council and borough assembly will come together tonight for a joint work session and discuss a handful of topics affecting both the city and the borough.
First up on the joint agenda is a fisheries analyst update. Back in September Denby Lloyd announced his resignation as the city and borough’s fisheries advisor, and both groups have been interviewing candidates since.
The council and assembly will also discuss letters to legislative reception sponsors and hear an update on the annual borough mayor’s conference. The joint work session will start at 6:30 p.m. tonight in the borough assembly chambers.
Following that joint gathering, assembly members will stick around the chambers for a work session of their own. On that agenda is handful of strategic planning discussions, including community health goals, fire protection and solid waste collection and disposal. The assembly will also hear an update from the construction manager of the Kodiak High School renovation project. The borough’s work session will start at 7:30 p.m.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Illinois Bishop Decrees No Communion, Funeral Rites For Same-Sex Spouses
- Arkansas Tries To Stop An Epidemic Of Herbicide Damage
- WATCH: It's Been A Long Week. So Here's A Gorilla Dancing In A Pool
- What The Man Who Ran Obamacare Thinks About the Republican Health Plan
- In North Carolina, No Is Not Always No, If The Sex Has Already Started
- Camden flats: Hundreds of homes evacuated over fire risk fears
- Brexit: EU leaders says UK offer could 'worsen situation'
- Dan Evans: Great Britain Davis Cup player tests positive for cocaine
- Exeter academy skirt boys win right to wear shorts
- Sally Hodkin murder: Failings led to killing by Nicola Edgington
- Radiohead on rare form at Glastonbury
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages