The city council and borough assembly will come together tonight for a joint work session and discuss a handful of topics affecting both the city and the borough.
First up on the joint agenda is a fisheries analyst update. Back in September Denby Lloyd announced his resignation as the city and borough’s fisheries advisor, and both groups have been interviewing candidates since.
The council and assembly will also discuss letters to legislative reception sponsors and hear an update on the annual borough mayor’s conference. The joint work session will start at 6:30 p.m. tonight in the borough assembly chambers.
Following that joint gathering, assembly members will stick around the chambers for a work session of their own. On that agenda is handful of strategic planning discussions, including community health goals, fire protection and solid waste collection and disposal. The assembly will also hear an update from the construction manager of the Kodiak High School renovation project. The borough’s work session will start at 7:30 p.m.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Jesse Jackson Says He Has Parkinson's Disease
- Young Men, Frequent Drivers Most Likely Get Distracted While Driving
- Clues In That Mysterious Radioactive Cloud Point Toward Russia
- Government Outlines When It Will Disclose Or Exploit Software Vulnerabilities
- Sarah Silverman Asks: 'Can You Love Someone Who Did Bad Things?'
- Aircraft and helicopter in mid-air crash
- Brexit: EU gives May two weeks to act on divorce bill and Ireland
- Mistakes in benefits claims could cost up to £500m
- George Bush Snr accused of groping by eighth woman
- The degrees that make you rich... and the ones that don't
- Hero dog Mali receives highest award for gallantry
- Behind the scenes with ACT’s new staff members
- ACLU says judges would invalidate crime law provision, but prosecutors see a solution
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017
- House passes tax plan, the bill Young says will open ANWR
- Interior Gas Utility sets public meetings to explain proposed purchase of Pentex Assets
- Bingo hall theft: Man in Halloween mask grabbed money and ran
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages