The first item on the Kodiak City Council’s work session agenda this week is a fitting one, considering where the council will be meeting. Tonight the council will gather in the multi-purpose room at the Kodiak Public Library and hear an update on the Kodiak Public Library Association’s capital campaign.
The city will also review its prioritized federal capital improvements program list, which is essentially the city’s wish list of projects it hopes to get federal funding for.
In another timely discussion, especially considering yesterday’s snowfall, the city will talk about the preliminary design of a snow dump storage yard. Last year the state told the city that it can no longer dump snow removed from city streets into the harbor, as it had done in years past. That prompted the search for a site that could store snow throughout the winter.
Tonight’s work session starts at 7:30 p.m. in the multi-purpose room of the Kodiak Public Library, across the street from the borough building on signal hill.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Keystone XL Pipeline Gets Regulators' OK In Nebraska, Clearing Key Hurdle
- Trump To Designate North Korea As A State Sponsor Of Terrorism
- Spit Test May Help Reveal Concussion Severity
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Merkel 'prefers new vote' after German coalition talks fail
- Brexit: Electoral Commission reopens probe into Vote Leave
- Jana Novotna: Former Wimbledon champion dies at age of 49
- Why do so many US women die giving birth?
- Florida plane highway crash caught on dashcams
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages