Tomorrow night the Kodiak community will have a chance to hear classical piano, probably as it’s never heard it before. Classical Pianist Alpin Hong is in town this week as part of the Kodiak Arts Council’s performing arts series and will perform at the Gerald C. Wilson Auditorium. Hong is a world-renowned musician, who takes a modern day approach to the classical genre, eliciting stories, humor and charm with each performance.
While Hong’s work as a classical artist has taken him to all 50 states and the White House, he also spends a considerable amount of time working with youth and advocating for arts education. Hong spent the last few days performing for Kodiak students and hosting workshops for the island’s aspiring musicians. Auditorium doors open at 6 p.m. this Saturday with Hong taking the stage at 7 p.m. Tickets cost $25 for adults, $22 for seniors and $20 for students. There is also a family price of $75 for two adults and two students. Tickets can be purchased online at kodiakartscouncil.org or at the box office before the show.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump To Outline His Blueprint For Military And Foreign Policy
- As Temperatures Fall, No Halt To Evictions Across Most Of The Country
- Week Ahead: Trump Might Get His Tax Bill, But That Might Be It Until After 2018
- On A Bad Date? These Apps Could Help You Stay Safe
- Older Adults' Forgetfulness Tied To Faulty Brain Rhythms In Sleep
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages