Kodiak’s Lady Bears are once again Joe Floyd Tournament champions. The girls’ basketball team won their third and final game of the 47th annual tournament Saturday night when they beat the Dimond Lynx 36-19. The lady bears were tournament champions last year, as well. Prior to Saturday’s game the girls beat Sitka 52-12 and West Valley 53-34. Those wins continue the lady bears’ 6-0 undefeated season.
On the boys side Kodiak fell to Soldotna 52-38 in the final game of the weekend. That loss came after the bears breezed past Unalakleet 81-41 on Thursday and took home another win over Bristol Bay 89-67.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Rory McIlroy Wins Invitational But Tiger Woods Gets More Attention
- Kushner Cos. Profited By False Filings On NYC Real Estate, Report Says
- Lawmakers Weigh Pros And Cons Of Mandatory Screening For Postpartum Depression
- Trump Cabinet Turnover Sets Record Going Back 100 Years
- Are There Risks From Secondhand Marijuana Smoke? Early Science Says Yes
- Russia election: Muted Western reaction to Putin victory
- Briton Anna Campbell killed fighting with Kurdish YPJ unit
- Ant McPartlin arrested over drink-driving collision
- Russian spy: International team to test Salisbury poison
- Davis and Barnier hope to agree Brexit transition terms
- Did my parents leave me on a hillside to die?
- Oil revenue is up in state’s spring forecast
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, March 16, 2017
- Preventing suicide with strength and resilience
- First Alaskans Institute helps revive Yup’ik traditional Qasgiq teachings at Cama-i
- Meet Lily and Gizelle
- Zulkosky organizes meeting to discuss alcohol’s impact on villages
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages