Kodiak’s Lady Bears are once again Joe Floyd Tournament champions. The girls’ basketball team won their third and final game of the 47th annual tournament Saturday night when they beat the Dimond Lynx 36-19. The lady bears were tournament champions last year, as well. Prior to Saturday’s game the girls beat Sitka 52-12 and West Valley 53-34. Those wins continue the lady bears’ 6-0 undefeated season.
On the boys side Kodiak fell to Soldotna 52-38 in the final game of the weekend. That loss came after the bears breezed past Unalakleet 81-41 on Thursday and took home another win over Bristol Bay 89-67.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Theresa May urges EU to retain trade terms for two years after Brexit
- Brexit: What did we learn from Theresa May's Florence speech?
- Parsons Green attack: Man in court charged with attempted murder
- Uber London loses licence to operate
- North Korea: Trump and Kim call each other mad
- Hurricane Maria: Woman and children stranded on vessel rescued
- Small spill reported at Valdez Marine Terminal
- Gov. Walker cites uncertainty over funding in opposing ACA repeal
- Cyrano’s Theatre Company is killing monsters…
- Should independents be able to run in a Democratic primary?
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Sep. 21, 2017
- VP Pence calls in to Anchorage talk radio
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages