Kodiak’s Lady Bears are once again Joe Floyd Tournament champions. The girls’ basketball team won their third and final game of the 47th annual tournament Saturday night when they beat the Dimond Lynx 36-19. The lady bears were tournament champions last year, as well. Prior to Saturday’s game the girls beat Sitka 52-12 and West Valley 53-34. Those wins continue the lady bears’ 6-0 undefeated season.
On the boys side Kodiak fell to Soldotna 52-38 in the final game of the weekend. That loss came after the bears breezed past Unalakleet 81-41 on Thursday and took home another win over Bristol Bay 89-67.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mom Of Cross-Border Shooting Victim 'Still Waiting For Victory'
- CHART: CBO Weighs Who Wins, Who Loses With Senate Health Care Bill
- Google Hit With $2.7 Billion Fine By European Antitrust Monitor
- From Birth To Death, Medicaid Affects The Lives Of Millions
- Mixing Business And The Presidency, Trump To Hold Fundraiser At His Washington Hotel
- CBO sees peril in Senate bill for uncrowded regions
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, June 26, 2017
- Chilkat weaver receives national folk art honor
- Man becomes first person to Race to Alaska on a stand-up paddle board
- Chitina dip netters can now catch salon in Copper River after spring ban
- Talkeetna’s inaugural Pride celebration draws a crowd
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages