Kodiak’s Lady Bears are once again Joe Floyd Tournament champions. The girls’ basketball team won their third and final game of the 47th annual tournament Saturday night when they beat the Dimond Lynx 36-19. The lady bears were tournament champions last year, as well. Prior to Saturday’s game the girls beat Sitka 52-12 and West Valley 53-34. Those wins continue the lady bears’ 6-0 undefeated season.
On the boys side Kodiak fell to Soldotna 52-38 in the final game of the weekend. That loss came after the bears breezed past Unalakleet 81-41 on Thursday and took home another win over Bristol Bay 89-67.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Rockets To Year's Top Domestic Opening, Disney Says
- Trump Allies Allege Mueller's Obtaining Trump Transition Emails Was 'Unlawful'
- British Embassy Worker Found Dead Near Beirut
- Virginia Woman Mauled To Death By Her Pit Bulls During Walk In Woods, Sheriff Says
- Astronaut Trio Heads For Space Station To Continue Scientific Research
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages