The holidays are often a chance for Kodiak High School Alumni to make their way back to Kodiak from wherever life took them in the years since graduation. This year one alumna in particular had to travel a bit farther then most. Alysa Horn is currently in the midst of her first season of professional women’s basketball in Germany where she is a guard forward for TSV Viernheim of the Bundelisga second division.
Horn is a 2008 KHS graduate who went on to play for the University of Alaska Anchorage, where she graduated last year. She took a few minutes while she was in Kodiak to sit down with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs and talk about her experience playing professional basketball and living overseas. Horn averages about 18 points per game with 8.6 rebounds and leads her team in scoring so far this season.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Walker administration appoints climate adviser, promises new policy “soon”
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, Sep. 19, 2017
- Murkowski could swing Senate for latest ACA repeal
- Fairbanks’ anti-commercial marijuana ballot measures likely to boost turnout for October election
- Ferry Taku sold, will become floating hotel
- After mining exec weighs in, Juneau Assembly holds off on boundary mine resolution
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages