The holidays are often a chance for Kodiak High School Alumni to make their way back to Kodiak from wherever life took them in the years since graduation. This year one alumna in particular had to travel a bit farther then most. Alysa Horn is currently in the midst of her first season of professional women’s basketball in Germany where she is a guard forward for TSV Viernheim of the Bundelisga second division.
Horn is a 2008 KHS graduate who went on to play for the University of Alaska Anchorage, where she graduated last year. She took a few minutes while she was in Kodiak to sit down with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs and talk about her experience playing professional basketball and living overseas. Horn averages about 18 points per game with 8.6 rebounds and leads her team in scoring so far this season.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mom Of Cross-Border Shooting Victim 'Still Waiting For Victory'
- CHART: CBO Weighs Who Wins, Who Loses With Senate Health Care Bill
- Google Hit With $2.7 Billion Fine By European Antitrust Monitor
- From Birth To Death, Medicaid Affects The Lives Of Millions
- Mixing Business And The Presidency, Trump To Hold Fundraiser At His Washington Hotel
- CBO sees peril in Senate bill for uncrowded regions
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, June 26, 2017
- Chilkat weaver receives national folk art honor
- Man becomes first person to Race to Alaska on a stand-up paddle board
- Chitina dip netters can now catch salon in Copper River after spring ban
- Talkeetna’s inaugural Pride celebration draws a crowd
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages