The holidays are often a chance for Kodiak High School Alumni to make their way back to Kodiak from wherever life took them in the years since graduation. This year one alumna in particular had to travel a bit farther then most. Alysa Horn is currently in the midst of her first season of professional women’s basketball in Germany where she is a guard forward for TSV Viernheim of the Bundelisga second division.
Horn is a 2008 KHS graduate who went on to play for the University of Alaska Anchorage, where she graduated last year. She took a few minutes while she was in Kodiak to sit down with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs and talk about her experience playing professional basketball and living overseas. Horn averages about 18 points per game with 8.6 rebounds and leads her team in scoring so far this season.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Virginia Woman Mauled To Death By Her Pit Bulls During Walk In Woods, Says Sheriff
- Astronaut Trio Heads For Space Station To Continue Scientific Research
- Teachers Around The Country React To Investigation Into Ballou High School
- Secret Pentagon Program Spent Millions To Research UFOs
- Post-María, A Key Ecosystem In Puerto Rico Faces Slow Recovery
- UK embassy worker found dead in Lebanon
- Trump Putin call: CIA 'helped stop Russia terror attack'
- Birmingham crash: Six dead in 'horrific' smash
- Ban sale of mini mobile phones, justice secretary says
- Barack Obama prepares for his Today programme interview with Prince Harry
- Barry Sherman: Family disputes reports on mystery double death in Canada
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages