Tonight the Kodiak Island Borough Assembly will hold its first meeting of the New Year, and a busy one at that. Tonight’s agenda is especially full and includes items from the assembly’s December meeting that was cancelled due to lack of a quorum.
On the list tonight is a series of contract approvals, including construction administration services for work on the Fisheries Research Center, as well as a collective bargaining agreement with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
Also on tonight’s agenda is a resolution to adopt the 2014 borough communities state legislative capital improvements project priority list, which includes the state funding wish lists for Kodiak’s surrounding villages.
Tonight’s meeting starts at 7: 30 p.m. in the borough conference room and will be broadcast live on KMXT.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mexico: Strong earthquake topples buildings, killing scores
- Theresa May to warn tech firms over terror content
- Trump's first UN speech met with criticism from some leaders
- Hurricane Maria bears down on Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico
- Life-extending lung cancer drug approved
- Miscarriage study points to IVF success chances
- Walker administration appoints climate adviser, promises new policy “soon”
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, Sep. 19, 2017
- Murkowski could swing Senate for latest ACA repeal
- Fairbanks’ anti-commercial marijuana ballot measures likely to boost turnout for October election
- Ferry Taku sold, will become floating hotel
- After mining exec weighs in, Juneau Assembly holds off on boundary mine resolution
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages