The Kodiak Lady Bears basketball team is seemingly off to a great season. The team took home the win at the Lady T-Bird Hoops Classic at East High.
Despite missing tournament play on Thursday because of delayed flights, the girls played twice on Friday, winning both games and cruised to the championships on Saturday. In the finals, Kodiak took on East High and walked away with a 56-45 win over the Thunderbirds.
Kodiak’s Hannah Wandersee scored 20 of those points in addition to 11 rebounds. Megan Pyles added 12 points and Carissa Cannon scored 10.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Turkey election: Erdogan wins second term as president
- MPs gear up for crunch Heathrow vote without Boris Johnson
- Uber to begin appeal over London licence denial
- Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- Garden waste collection charges rise to £74m a year
- In picture: Ugliest dogs compete for 2018 world title
- Power lunch: US senators transfixed by Bear Cam
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Investing in small business
- Search still on for bear that killed one, mauled another in Eagle River
- Anchorage police arrest dozens in ‘Operation Midnight Sun’
- Two Alaska projects selected for federal marine energy innovation grant funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages