The Kodiak Lady Bears basketball team is seemingly off to a great season. The team took home the win at the Lady T-Bird Hoops Classic at East High.
Despite missing tournament play on Thursday because of delayed flights, the girls played twice on Friday, winning both games and cruised to the championships on Saturday. In the finals, Kodiak took on East High and walked away with a 56-45 win over the Thunderbirds.
Kodiak’s Hannah Wandersee scored 20 of those points in addition to 11 rebounds. Megan Pyles added 12 points and Carissa Cannon scored 10.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'Going There': 3 Prominent Detroit Natives Reflect On The 1967 Riot
- Snooty The Manatee Dies, And A Florida Community Mourns
- Father Of Girl Ticketed For Selling Lemonade Responds To Supporters: 'Make A Stand'
- Chris Froome Wins His Fourth Tour De France Title In Paris
- As The Climate Changes, Kenyan Herders Find Centuries-Old Way Of Life In Danger
- Electricity shake-up could save consumers 'up to £40bn'
- Charlie Gard: Parents face 'backlash' over hospital threats
- Ben Needham: Blood found on items in hunt for toddler
- San Antonio: Truck death toll rises to nine
- Israeli embassy in Amman: Shooting leaves two dead
- Sir Elton John and Prince Harry on Princess Diana
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages