Kodiak High School has produced some talented athletes over the years, and many have continued on to play collegiate sports. Senior Hannah Wandersee has those aspirations, and has been busy reviewing game tapes and talking with college coaches about her athletic future.
Wandersee was the outside hitter for the high school’s volleyball team, and just wrapped up a record-breaking season that culminated with a third place state finish – the highest Kodiak has ever placed in the state volleyball tournament.
KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs caught up with Wandersee and talked about the past season and her hopes for the future.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Barcelona attack: New manhunt for suspected driver
- Sir Bruce Forsyth: TV legend dies aged 89
- Steve Bannon fired as Trump White House's top strategist
- Woman raped by Roman Polanski asks for 'mercy' to end case
- Charlottesville victim's mum rebukes Trump
- Lele Tao: The 'online goddess' who earns $450k a year
- Trump’s streamlining order: You’ve seen its kind before
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Aug. 18, 2017
- Fairbanks protesters organize against the state wolf control program
- Alaska Airlines pilots plan picket over lack of compensation
- How oyster milkshakes and teamwork are getting Alaska’s shellfish safely to market
- 49 Voices: William “Pops” Wilson of Wasilla
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages