The winter storm overnight forced the state ferry Tustumena to spend the night in its homeport of Kodiak. Last night’s 9:45 p.m. sailing to Homer was cancelled as was this morning’s scheduled run from Homer to Seldovia.
The Marine Highway System expects to announce an updated schedule this morning.
A storm warning remains in effect for the waters between the Kenai Peninsula and Kodiak, with northeast winds to 50 knots and seas to 17 feet. In addition, a heavy freezing spray warning is in effect for the Barren Islands west, Cook Inlet and Kachemak Bay.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Virginia Woman Mauled To Death By Her Pit Bulls During Walk In Woods, Says Sheriff
- Astronaut Trio Heads For Space Station To Continue Scientific Research
- Teachers Around The Country React To Investigation Into Ballou High School
- Secret Pentagon Program Spent Millions To Research UFOs
- Post-María, A Key Ecosystem In Puerto Rico Faces Slow Recovery
- UK embassy worker found dead in Lebanon
- Trump Putin call: CIA 'helped stop Russia terror attack'
- Birmingham crash: Six dead in 'horrific' smash
- Ban sale of mini mobile phones, justice secretary says
- Barack Obama prepares for his Today programme interview with Prince Harry
- Barry Sherman: Family disputes reports on mystery double death in Canada
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages