The winter storm overnight forced the state ferry Tustumena to spend the night in its homeport of Kodiak. Last night’s 9:45 p.m. sailing to Homer was cancelled as was this morning’s scheduled run from Homer to Seldovia.
The Marine Highway System expects to announce an updated schedule this morning.
A storm warning remains in effect for the waters between the Kenai Peninsula and Kodiak, with northeast winds to 50 knots and seas to 17 feet. In addition, a heavy freezing spray warning is in effect for the Barren Islands west, Cook Inlet and Kachemak Bay.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- After Decline Of Steel And Coal, Ohio Fears Health Care Jobs Are Next
- Trump And India's Modi Share Similarities, But A Host Of Issues Divides Them
- Senate Republicans Alter Health Care Bill To Avoid 'Death Spiral'
- High Court To Hear Case Of Cake Shop That Refused To Bake For Same-Sex Wedding
- More Health Problems Reported With Hair And Skin Care Products
- Conservatives agree pact with DUP to support May government
- Grenfell Tower: Cladding firm ends global sales for tower blocks
- Trump travel ban injunction partly lifted by top US court
- Theresa May sets out post-Brexit offer on EU citizens
- Painter Salvador Dali's body to be exhumed for paternity suit
- What happens when you're sleep deprived?
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages