A Port Lions woman has won the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute’s Instagram photo contest. Sara Squartsoff, an artist and chef at the Kodiak Paradise Lodge won the “Show Us Your Alaska Seafood” contest with her photo of home-canned salmon.
In a release, ASMI spokesman Tyson Fick said the image impressed the ASMI board and committee members who voted for Squartsoff’s photo out of a field of over 100 entries.
In the statement, Squartsoff said her cooking stems from her Native heritage and lifestyle, and most of the proteins come from the sea.
She wins a winter’s worth of Alaska seafood and a GoPro Hero camera.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Syrian Airstrike Hits Marketplace Near Turkish Border, Killing More Than Two Dozen
- Rain And Snow Vex Both Coasts
- Foreign Policy Expert Discusses John Bolton's National Security Adviser Appointment
- $500K Bond For Brother Of Alleged Florida Shooter Is 'Reprehensible,' Lawyer Says
- Illinois Town Tries Hard To Wean Off Of Steel
- ACLU sues city of Palmer over alleged unlawful immigrant arrest
- Feds take key step toward approving another Conoco development in NPR-A
- State budget largely unchanged after 3 days of amendments
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Congress poised to approve $15M for village relocation in Alaska
- As bridge fix continues, Glenn Highway congestion could go on for days
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages