A Port Lions woman has won the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute’s Instagram photo contest. Sara Squartsoff, an artist and chef at the Kodiak Paradise Lodge won the “Show Us Your Alaska Seafood” contest with her photo of home-canned salmon.
In a release, ASMI spokesman Tyson Fick said the image impressed the ASMI board and committee members who voted for Squartsoff’s photo out of a field of over 100 entries.
In the statement, Squartsoff said her cooking stems from her Native heritage and lifestyle, and most of the proteins come from the sea.
She wins a winter’s worth of Alaska seafood and a GoPro Hero camera.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Boston's 'Free Speech' Rally Organizers Deny Links To White Nationalists
- Duke University Removes Robert E. Lee Statue From Chapel Entrance
- Spanish Authorities Continue Hunt For Suspects In Barcelona Attacks
- From Greece, A Message In A Bottle Reaches Isolated Gaza
- Republicans Plead With Trump To Get On, And Stay On, Message To Pass A Tax Overhaul
- Boston march against right-wing rally draws thousands
- Finland killings: Briton who helped victims says he is 'not a hero'
- Barcelona attack: Government says terror cell dismantled
- Trumps to skip Kennedy honours to avoid 'distraction'
- French fighter jet 'tracks' Jet2 flight on route to Birmingham
- Lele Tao: The 'online goddess' who earns $450k a year
- Trump’s streamlining order: You’ve seen its kind before
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Aug. 18, 2017
- Fairbanks protesters organize against the state wolf control program
- Alaska Airlines pilots plan picket over lack of compensation
- How oyster milkshakes and teamwork are getting Alaska’s shellfish safely to market
- 49 Voices: William “Pops” Wilson of Wasilla
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages