A Port Lions woman has won the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute’s Instagram photo contest. Sara Squartsoff, an artist and chef at the Kodiak Paradise Lodge won the “Show Us Your Alaska Seafood” contest with her photo of home-canned salmon.
In a release, ASMI spokesman Tyson Fick said the image impressed the ASMI board and committee members who voted for Squartsoff’s photo out of a field of over 100 entries.
In the statement, Squartsoff said her cooking stems from her Native heritage and lifestyle, and most of the proteins come from the sea.
She wins a winter’s worth of Alaska seafood and a GoPro Hero camera.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Illinois Bishop Decrees No Communion, Funeral Rites For Same-Sex Spouses
- Arkansas Tries To Stop An Epidemic Of Herbicide Damage
- WATCH: It's Been A Long Week. So Here's A Gorilla Dancing In A Pool
- What The Man Who Ran Obamacare Thinks About the Republican Health Plan
- In North Carolina, No Is Not Always No, If The Sex Has Already Started
- Camden flats: Hundreds of homes evacuated over fire risk fears
- Brexit: EU leaders says UK offer could 'worsen situation'
- Dan Evans: Great Britain Davis Cup player tests positive for cocaine
- Exeter academy skirt boys win right to wear shorts
- Sally Hodkin murder: Failings led to killing by Nicola Edgington
- Radiohead on rare form at Glastonbury
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages