A Port Lions woman has won the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute’s Instagram photo contest. Sara Squartsoff, an artist and chef at the Kodiak Paradise Lodge won the “Show Us Your Alaska Seafood” contest with her photo of home-canned salmon.
In a release, ASMI spokesman Tyson Fick said the image impressed the ASMI board and committee members who voted for Squartsoff’s photo out of a field of over 100 entries.
In the statement, Squartsoff said her cooking stems from her Native heritage and lifestyle, and most of the proteins come from the sea.
She wins a winter’s worth of Alaska seafood and a GoPro Hero camera.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Keystone XL Pipeline Gets Regulators' OK In Nebraska, Clearing Key Hurdle
- Trump To Designate North Korea As A State Sponsor Of Terrorism
- Spit Test May Help Reveal Concussion Severity
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Merkel 'prefers new vote' after German coalition talks fail
- Brexit: Electoral Commission reopens probe into Vote Leave
- Jana Novotna: Former Wimbledon champion dies at age of 49
- Why do so many US women die giving birth?
- Florida plane highway crash caught on dashcams
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages