The Kodiak High School volleyball team was involved in two sweeps yesterday (Thursday) during the first two rounds of the 4-A state championship tournament in Anchorage. Unfortunately, one of those was a loss.
The Bears, the number 1 seed from the Northern Lights Conference, came out strong to sweep the host Chugiak High School Mustangs 25-22, 25-11 and 25-19 in round one. That set up a winners bracket match against South Anchorage, who beat West Valley.
And though the Bears kept it close, they were swept by the Wolverines 28-26, 25-21, 25-21.
Though that loss drops the Bears to the losers’ bracket, all is not lost in the double-elimination tournament. They face the same task they did last week in the regionals when they had to come back and win two against the winners’ bracket victor to claim the championship.
Kodiak’s next game is at 3 this afternoon against the winner of this morning’s Colony – Juneau game.
As always, you can tune in online to watch the Bears’ games. Just search for Kodiak at U-Stream.TV.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mom Of Cross-Border Shooting Victim 'Still Waiting For Victory'
- CHART: CBO Weighs Who Wins, Who Loses With Senate Health Care Bill
- Google Hit With $2.7 Billion Fine By European Antitrust Monitor
- From Birth To Death, Medicaid Affects The Lives Of Millions
- Mixing Business And The Presidency, Trump To Hold Fundraiser At His Washington Hotel
- CBO sees peril in Senate bill for uncrowded regions
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, June 26, 2017
- Chilkat weaver receives national folk art honor
- Man becomes first person to Race to Alaska on a stand-up paddle board
- Chitina dip netters can now catch salon in Copper River after spring ban
- Talkeetna’s inaugural Pride celebration draws a crowd
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages