The Kodiak High School volleyball team was involved in two sweeps yesterday (Thursday) during the first two rounds of the 4-A state championship tournament in Anchorage. Unfortunately, one of those was a loss.
The Bears, the number 1 seed from the Northern Lights Conference, came out strong to sweep the host Chugiak High School Mustangs 25-22, 25-11 and 25-19 in round one. That set up a winners bracket match against South Anchorage, who beat West Valley.
And though the Bears kept it close, they were swept by the Wolverines 28-26, 25-21, 25-21.
Though that loss drops the Bears to the losers’ bracket, all is not lost in the double-elimination tournament. They face the same task they did last week in the regionals when they had to come back and win two against the winners’ bracket victor to claim the championship.
Kodiak’s next game is at 3 this afternoon against the winner of this morning’s Colony – Juneau game.
As always, you can tune in online to watch the Bears’ games. Just search for Kodiak at U-Stream.TV.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Theresa May urges EU to retain trade terms for two years after Brexit
- Brexit: What did we learn from Theresa May's Florence speech?
- Parsons Green attack: Man in court charged with attempted murder
- Uber London loses licence to operate
- North Korea: Trump and Kim call each other mad
- Hurricane Maria: Woman and children stranded on vessel rescued
- Small spill reported at Valdez Marine Terminal
- Gov. Walker cites uncertainty over funding in opposing ACA repeal
- Cyrano’s Theatre Company is killing monsters…
- Should independents be able to run in a Democratic primary?
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Sep. 21, 2017
- VP Pence calls in to Anchorage talk radio
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages