The Kodiak High School volleyball team was involved in two sweeps yesterday (Thursday) during the first two rounds of the 4-A state championship tournament in Anchorage. Unfortunately, one of those was a loss.
The Bears, the number 1 seed from the Northern Lights Conference, came out strong to sweep the host Chugiak High School Mustangs 25-22, 25-11 and 25-19 in round one. That set up a winners bracket match against South Anchorage, who beat West Valley.
And though the Bears kept it close, they were swept by the Wolverines 28-26, 25-21, 25-21.
Though that loss drops the Bears to the losers’ bracket, all is not lost in the double-elimination tournament. They face the same task they did last week in the regionals when they had to come back and win two against the winners’ bracket victor to claim the championship.
Kodiak’s next game is at 3 this afternoon against the winner of this morning’s Colony – Juneau game.
As always, you can tune in online to watch the Bears’ games. Just search for Kodiak at U-Stream.TV.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Rockets To Year's Top Domestic Opening, Disney Says
- Trump Allies Allege Mueller's Obtaining Trump Transition Emails Was 'Unlawful'
- British Embassy Worker Found Dead Near Beirut
- Virginia Woman Mauled To Death By Her Pit Bulls During Walk In Woods, Sheriff Says
- Astronaut Trio Heads For Space Station To Continue Scientific Research
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages