It’s strategic planning season for the Kodiak Island Borough. Tonight the borough assembly will kick off those discussions during a work session and first up is an introduction to the education section of that plan. Assembly members will hear from the school district about their goals and needs for the upcoming year, and how those fit within the borough’s strategic plan. Tonight the assembly will also review the general administration and finance section of the plan.
Tonight’s work session starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough conference room. Public comments are accepted at the beginning and limited to three minutes per speaker.
A special meeting will immediately follow tonight’s work session in the conference room. On the agenda are assembly member appointments to various boards and committees and an executive session involving negotiations with the IBEW.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Boston's 'Free Speech' Rally Organizers Deny Links To White Nationalists
- Duke University Removes Robert E. Lee Statue From Chapel Entrance
- Spanish Authorities Continue Hunt For Suspects In Barcelona Attacks
- From Greece, A Message In A Bottle Reaches Isolated Gaza
- Republicans Plead With Trump To Get On, And Stay On, Message To Pass A Tax Overhaul
- Boston march against right-wing rally draws thousands
- Finland killings: Briton who helped victims says he is 'not a hero'
- Barcelona attack: Government says terror cell dismantled
- Trumps to skip Kennedy honours to avoid 'distraction'
- French fighter jet 'tracks' Jet2 flight on route to Birmingham
- Lele Tao: The 'online goddess' who earns $450k a year
- Trump’s streamlining order: You’ve seen its kind before
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Aug. 18, 2017
- Fairbanks protesters organize against the state wolf control program
- Alaska Airlines pilots plan picket over lack of compensation
- How oyster milkshakes and teamwork are getting Alaska’s shellfish safely to market
- 49 Voices: William “Pops” Wilson of Wasilla
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages