It’s strategic planning season for the Kodiak Island Borough. Tonight the borough assembly will kick off those discussions during a work session and first up is an introduction to the education section of that plan. Assembly members will hear from the school district about their goals and needs for the upcoming year, and how those fit within the borough’s strategic plan. Tonight the assembly will also review the general administration and finance section of the plan.
Tonight’s work session starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough conference room. Public comments are accepted at the beginning and limited to three minutes per speaker.
A special meeting will immediately follow tonight’s work session in the conference room. On the agenda are assembly member appointments to various boards and committees and an executive session involving negotiations with the IBEW.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Illinois Bishop Decrees No Communion, Funeral Rites For Same-Sex Spouses
- Arkansas Tries To Stop An Epidemic Of Herbicide Damage
- WATCH: It's Been A Long Week. So Here's A Gorilla Dancing In A Pool
- What The Man Who Ran Obamacare Thinks About the Republican Health Plan
- In North Carolina, No Is Not Always No, If The Sex Has Already Started
- Camden flats: Hundreds of homes evacuated over fire risk fears
- Brexit: EU leaders says UK offer could 'worsen situation'
- Dan Evans: Great Britain Davis Cup player tests positive for cocaine
- Exeter academy skirt boys win right to wear shorts
- Sally Hodkin murder: Failings led to killing by Nicola Edgington
- Radiohead on rare form at Glastonbury
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages