It’s strategic planning season for the Kodiak Island Borough. Tonight the borough assembly will kick off those discussions during a work session and first up is an introduction to the education section of that plan. Assembly members will hear from the school district about their goals and needs for the upcoming year, and how those fit within the borough’s strategic plan. Tonight the assembly will also review the general administration and finance section of the plan.
Tonight’s work session starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough conference room. Public comments are accepted at the beginning and limited to three minutes per speaker.
A special meeting will immediately follow tonight’s work session in the conference room. On the agenda are assembly member appointments to various boards and committees and an executive session involving negotiations with the IBEW.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Syrian Airstrike Hits Marketplace Near Turkish Border, Killing More Than Two Dozen
- Rain And Snow Vex Both Coasts
- Foreign Policy Expert Discusses John Bolton's National Security Adviser Appointment
- $500K Bond For Brother Of Alleged Florida Shooter Is 'Reprehensible,' Lawyer Says
- Illinois Town Tries Hard To Wean Off Of Steel
- ACLU sues city of Palmer over alleged unlawful immigrant arrest
- Feds take key step toward approving another Conoco development in NPR-A
- State budget largely unchanged after 3 days of amendments
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Congress poised to approve $15M for village relocation in Alaska
- As bridge fix continues, Glenn Highway congestion could go on for days
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages