It’s strategic planning season for the Kodiak Island Borough. Tonight the borough assembly will kick off those discussions during a work session and first up is an introduction to the education section of that plan. Assembly members will hear from the school district about their goals and needs for the upcoming year, and how those fit within the borough’s strategic plan. Tonight the assembly will also review the general administration and finance section of the plan.
Tonight’s work session starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough conference room. Public comments are accepted at the beginning and limited to three minutes per speaker.
A special meeting will immediately follow tonight’s work session in the conference room. On the agenda are assembly member appointments to various boards and committees and an executive session involving negotiations with the IBEW.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Keystone XL Pipeline Gets Regulators' OK In Nebraska, Clearing Key Hurdle
- Trump To Designate North Korea As A State Sponsor Of Terrorism
- Spit Test May Help Reveal Concussion Severity
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Merkel 'prefers new vote' after German coalition talks fail
- Brexit: Electoral Commission reopens probe into Vote Leave
- Jana Novotna: Former Wimbledon champion dies at age of 49
- Why do so many US women die giving birth?
- Florida plane highway crash caught on dashcams
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages