The Kodiak High School Bears kick off state volleyball championship tournament play this afternoon at 3:15 against host school Chugiak. The Mustangs are one of the few teams to win even one set against the powerhouse Bears this season. Kodiak is the top ranked team from the Northern Lights Conference, while Chugiak is the number three team from the Cook Inlet Conference.
If the Bears win, they will play again this evening at 7 p.m. against the winner of the West Valley – South Anchorage game.
The loser of the Bears’ first game will play again at 1 tomorrow afternoon.
Other schools in the eight-team class 4-A tournament are Dimond, Colony, Juneau Douglas and Palmer.
The Bears stream their games live online at U-Stream.tv. Like in the regional tournament last week, they plan on having a parent nearby narrating the action and updating the scores.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Facebook: Firm Working With Trump Campaign Stole 50 Million Users' Data
- In A Flurry Of Furious Tweets, President Trump Takes Aim At Mueller Probe
- Man Arrested for Bomb Threat at SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas
- Britain Accuses Russia Of Stockpiling Deadly Nerve Agent
- Trump Continues Barrage Against Special Counsel Mueller, Fired FBI Deputy McCabe
- Oil revenue is up in state’s spring forecast
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, March 16, 2017
- Preventing suicide with strength and resilience
- First Alaskans Institute helps revive Yup’ik traditional Qasgiq teachings at Cama-i
- Meet Lily and Gizelle
- Zulkosky organizes meeting to discuss alcohol’s impact on villages
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages