The Kodiak High School Bears kick off state volleyball championship tournament play this afternoon at 3:15 against host school Chugiak. The Mustangs are one of the few teams to win even one set against the powerhouse Bears this season. Kodiak is the top ranked team from the Northern Lights Conference, while Chugiak is the number three team from the Cook Inlet Conference.
If the Bears win, they will play again this evening at 7 p.m. against the winner of the West Valley – South Anchorage game.
The loser of the Bears’ first game will play again at 1 tomorrow afternoon.
Other schools in the eight-team class 4-A tournament are Dimond, Colony, Juneau Douglas and Palmer.
The Bears stream their games live online at U-Stream.tv. Like in the regional tournament last week, they plan on having a parent nearby narrating the action and updating the scores.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Russia-Based Kaspersky Lab Sues Trump Administration For Banning Its Software
- U.N. Human Rights Chief: Aung San Suu Kyi Could Be Culpable For Genocide
- Cities With Uber Have Lower Rates Of Ambulance Usage
- Could A Zap To The Brain Derail Destructive Impulses?
- 'Panic And Confusion' As Pakistan Orders Foreign Aid Groups To Shut Down
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Deaths as carriages fall on US motorway
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Aerial footage of the scene
- RAF Mildenhall: Shots fired in security alert at US Suffolk airbase
- Trump: Russia and China ‘rival powers’ in new security plan
- Liverpool jail: The worst conditions ever seen, says report
- Cyril Ramaphosa is elected ANC leader
- Pebble names First Quantum Minerals as new partner
- Algo Nuevo December 17, 2017
- For third straight year, Gov. Walker proposes budget drawing from Permanent Fund earnings
- ACLU sounds alarm on non-criminal immigrant detentions in Anchorage
- Alaska marijuana regulators issue first-ever license revocation after slew of violations
- Conoco hopes to crack open off-limits North Slope land
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages