The Kodiak High School Bears kick off state volleyball championship tournament play this afternoon at 3:15 against host school Chugiak. The Mustangs are one of the few teams to win even one set against the powerhouse Bears this season. Kodiak is the top ranked team from the Northern Lights Conference, while Chugiak is the number three team from the Cook Inlet Conference.
If the Bears win, they will play again this evening at 7 p.m. against the winner of the West Valley – South Anchorage game.
The loser of the Bears’ first game will play again at 1 tomorrow afternoon.
Other schools in the eight-team class 4-A tournament are Dimond, Colony, Juneau Douglas and Palmer.
The Bears stream their games live online at U-Stream.tv. Like in the regional tournament last week, they plan on having a parent nearby narrating the action and updating the scores.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Theresa May urges EU to retain trade terms for two years after Brexit
- Brexit: What did we learn from Theresa May's Florence speech?
- Parsons Green attack: Man in court charged with attempted murder
- Uber London loses licence to operate
- North Korea: Trump and Kim call each other mad
- Hurricane Maria: Woman and children stranded on vessel rescued
- Small spill reported at Valdez Marine Terminal
- Gov. Walker cites uncertainty over funding in opposing ACA repeal
- Cyrano’s Theatre Company is killing monsters…
- Should independents be able to run in a Democratic primary?
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Sep. 21, 2017
- VP Pence calls in to Anchorage talk radio
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages