The Kodiak High School Bears kick off state volleyball championship tournament play this afternoon at 3:15 against host school Chugiak. The Mustangs are one of the few teams to win even one set against the powerhouse Bears this season. Kodiak is the top ranked team from the Northern Lights Conference, while Chugiak is the number three team from the Cook Inlet Conference.
If the Bears win, they will play again this evening at 7 p.m. against the winner of the West Valley – South Anchorage game.
The loser of the Bears’ first game will play again at 1 tomorrow afternoon.
Other schools in the eight-team class 4-A tournament are Dimond, Colony, Juneau Douglas and Palmer.
The Bears stream their games live online at U-Stream.tv. Like in the regional tournament last week, they plan on having a parent nearby narrating the action and updating the scores.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- As Milk Production Cools In Summer, Farmers Try To Help Cows Take The Heat
- Doctoral Student Compiles Database Of Indigenous Women Who've Gone Missing
- The Russia Investigations: How Many More Maria Butinas Are There?
- Prize-Winning #iPhoneOnly Photos: From Dinos To Divers
- Now A Museum, This USSR Submarine Base Was Built To Endure U.S. Nukes — And Retaliate
- Court filing aims to prevent lawsuits by Alaska victims in Las Vegas shooting
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, July 20, 2018
- Murkowski calls on Trump to end ‘sad chapter’ of splitting families at border
- In apparent suicide, man dies after jumping from eighth floor of UAF building
- UA’s College of Education
- 49 Voices: Benito Achas of Kodiak
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages