The Kodiak High School Bears kick off state volleyball championship tournament play this afternoon at 3:15 against host school Chugiak. The Mustangs are one of the few teams to win even one set against the powerhouse Bears this season. Kodiak is the top ranked team from the Northern Lights Conference, while Chugiak is the number three team from the Cook Inlet Conference.
If the Bears win, they will play again this evening at 7 p.m. against the winner of the West Valley – South Anchorage game.
The loser of the Bears’ first game will play again at 1 tomorrow afternoon.
Other schools in the eight-team class 4-A tournament are Dimond, Colony, Juneau Douglas and Palmer.
The Bears stream their games live online at U-Stream.tv. Like in the regional tournament last week, they plan on having a parent nearby narrating the action and updating the scores.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mom Of Cross-Border Shooting Victim 'Still Waiting For Victory'
- CHART: CBO Weighs Who Wins, Who Loses With Senate Health Care Bill
- Google Hit With $2.7 Billion Fine By European Antitrust Monitor
- From Birth To Death, Medicaid Affects The Lives Of Millions
- Mixing Business And The Presidency, Trump To Hold Fundraiser At His Washington Hotel
- CBO sees peril in Senate bill for uncrowded regions
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, June 26, 2017
- Chilkat weaver receives national folk art honor
- Man becomes first person to Race to Alaska on a stand-up paddle board
- Chitina dip netters can now catch salon in Copper River after spring ban
- Talkeetna’s inaugural Pride celebration draws a crowd
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages