Trident Seafoods founder and chairman Chuck Bundrant has appointed his son as the company’s new CEO. The appointment of Joe Bundrant had been expected, and became effective yesterday (Monday).
A year ago Trident announced that the younger Bundrant would be leading the company following the retirement this week of President Paul Padgett, who has served in that role since 2008. Padgett will continue to serve as a strategic advisor through the end of pollock A season in 2014.
The elder Bundrant, who founded Trident 40 years ago, expressed confidence in his son’s ability to lead the seafood giant, despite the challenges of falling prices for surimi, block and pollock roe, while costs are increasing.
Joe Bundrant said he was honored and humbled to take the helm.
His new management team will include Vic Scheibert as president of Alaska operations.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump To Outline His Blueprint For Military And Foreign Policy
- As Temperatures Fall, No Halt To Evictions Across Most Of The Country
- Week Ahead: Trump Might Get His Tax Bill, But That Might Be It Until After 2018
- On A Bad Date? These Apps Could Help You Stay Safe
- Older Adults' Forgetfulness Tied To Faulty Brain Rhythms In Sleep
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages