Trident Seafoods founder and chairman Chuck Bundrant has appointed his son as the company’s new CEO. The appointment of Joe Bundrant had been expected, and became effective yesterday (Monday).
A year ago Trident announced that the younger Bundrant would be leading the company following the retirement this week of President Paul Padgett, who has served in that role since 2008. Padgett will continue to serve as a strategic advisor through the end of pollock A season in 2014.
The elder Bundrant, who founded Trident 40 years ago, expressed confidence in his son’s ability to lead the seafood giant, despite the challenges of falling prices for surimi, block and pollock roe, while costs are increasing.
Joe Bundrant said he was honored and humbled to take the helm.
His new management team will include Vic Scheibert as president of Alaska operations.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- As Milk Production Cools In Summer, Farmers Try To Help Cows Take The Heat
- Doctoral Student Compiles Database Of Indigenous Women Who've Gone Missing
- The Russia Investigations: How Many More Maria Butinas Are There?
- Prize-Winning #iPhoneOnly Photos: From Dinos To Divers
- Now A Museum, This USSR Submarine Base Was Built To Endure U.S. Nukes — And Retaliate
- Hundreds attend Alesha MacPhail farewell
- Trump attacks Michael Cohen over 'Playboy model payment tape'
- Toblerone: Bar to revert to original shape
- Race leader 'finishes' half a lap early
- Japan heatwave: Warnings issued amid scorching temperatures
- Nine US 'duck boat' victims from the same family - governor
- Court filing aims to prevent lawsuits by Alaska victims in Las Vegas shooting
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, July 20, 2018
- Murkowski calls on Trump to end ‘sad chapter’ of splitting families at border
- In apparent suicide, man dies after jumping from eighth floor of UAF building
- UA’s College of Education
- 49 Voices: Benito Achas of Kodiak
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages