KODIAK, Alaska (AP) — Volunteers and emergency responders have ended their search for a missing 20-year-old man from Akhiok on Kodiak Island.
Brandon Phillips on Oct. 26 left the village 150 miles southwest of the city of Kodiak on an all-terrain vehicle and said he was going to hike. He was reported missing that night.
Alaska State Troopers spokeswoman Megan Peters told the Kodiak Daily Mirror that as many as 30 people searched for Phillips after the Coast Guard conducted weekend searches from the air with an infrared camera.
Searchers found Phillips’ ATV, two backpacks and a kayak.
They also found an oar floating in nearby water.
Troopers say Phillips may have fallen out of the kayak and died of hypothermia.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Illinois Bishop Decrees No Communion, Funeral Rites For Same-Sex Spouses
- Arkansas Tries To Stop An Epidemic Of Herbicide Damage
- WATCH: It's Been A Long Week. So Here's A Gorilla Dancing In A Pool
- What The Man Who Ran Obamacare Thinks About the Republican Health Plan
- In North Carolina, No Is Not Always No, If The Sex Has Already Started
- Camden flats: Hundreds of homes evacuated over fire risk fears
- Brexit: EU leaders says UK offer could 'worsen situation'
- Dan Evans: Great Britain Davis Cup player tests positive for cocaine
- Exeter academy skirt boys win right to wear shorts
- Sally Hodkin murder: Failings led to killing by Nicola Edgington
- Radiohead on rare form at Glastonbury
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages