KODIAK, Alaska (AP) — Volunteers and emergency responders have ended their search for a missing 20-year-old man from Akhiok on Kodiak Island.
Brandon Phillips on Oct. 26 left the village 150 miles southwest of the city of Kodiak on an all-terrain vehicle and said he was going to hike. He was reported missing that night.
Alaska State Troopers spokeswoman Megan Peters told the Kodiak Daily Mirror that as many as 30 people searched for Phillips after the Coast Guard conducted weekend searches from the air with an infrared camera.
Searchers found Phillips’ ATV, two backpacks and a kayak.
They also found an oar floating in nearby water.
Troopers say Phillips may have fallen out of the kayak and died of hypothermia.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Jesse Jackson Says He Has Parkinson's Disease
- Young Men, Frequent Drivers Most Likely Get Distracted While Driving
- Clues In That Mysterious Radioactive Cloud Point Toward Russia
- Government Outlines When It Will Disclose Or Exploit Software Vulnerabilities
- Sarah Silverman Asks: 'Can You Love Someone Who Did Bad Things?'
- Aircraft and helicopter in mid-air crash
- Brexit: EU gives May two weeks to act on divorce bill and Ireland
- Mistakes in benefits claims could cost up to £500m
- George Bush Snr accused of groping by eighth woman
- The degrees that make you rich... and the ones that don't
- Hero dog Mali receives highest award for gallantry
- Behind the scenes with ACT’s new staff members
- ACLU says judges would invalidate crime law provision, but prosecutors see a solution
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017
- House passes tax plan, the bill Young says will open ANWR
- Interior Gas Utility sets public meetings to explain proposed purchase of Pentex Assets
- Bingo hall theft: Man in Halloween mask grabbed money and ran
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages