Searchers are still looking for an Akhiok man reported missing Saturday night. According to the Alaska State Troopers, 20-year-old Brandon Phillips was last seen when he told people in the village he was planning on a hike earlier in the day.
When he failed to return, a search was started at 10:30 Saturday night, organized by the Village Public Safety Officer.
They found his all-terrain vehicle and kayak northwest of the village, but found no sign of him.
Two Coast Guard helicopters joined the search on Sunday. Bad weather prevented members of the Kodiak Island Search and Rescue group from participating in the search yesterday.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Syrian Airstrike Hits Marketplace Near Turkish Border, Killing More Than Two Dozen
- Rain And Snow Vex Both Coasts
- Foreign Policy Expert Discusses John Bolton's National Security Adviser Appointment
- $500K Bond For Brother Of Alleged Florida Shooter Is 'Reprehensible,' Lawyer Says
- Illinois Town Tries Hard To Wean Off Of Steel
- ACLU sues city of Palmer over alleged unlawful immigrant arrest
- Feds take key step toward approving another Conoco development in NPR-A
- State budget largely unchanged after 3 days of amendments
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Congress poised to approve $15M for village relocation in Alaska
- As bridge fix continues, Glenn Highway congestion could go on for days
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages