Searchers are still looking for an Akhiok man reported missing Saturday night. According to the Alaska State Troopers, 20-year-old Brandon Phillips was last seen when he told people in the village he was planning on a hike earlier in the day.
When he failed to return, a search was started at 10:30 Saturday night, organized by the Village Public Safety Officer.
They found his all-terrain vehicle and kayak northwest of the village, but found no sign of him.
Two Coast Guard helicopters joined the search on Sunday. Bad weather prevented members of the Kodiak Island Search and Rescue group from participating in the search yesterday.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Illinois Bishop Decrees No Communion, Funeral Rites For Same-Sex Spouses
- Arkansas Tries To Stop An Epidemic Of Herbicide Damage
- WATCH: It's Been A Long Week. So Here's A Gorilla Dancing In A Pool
- What The Man Who Ran Obamacare Thinks About the Republican Health Plan
- In North Carolina, No Is Not Always No, If The Sex Has Already Started
- Camden flats: Hundreds of homes evacuated over fire risk fears
- Brexit: EU leaders says UK offer could 'worsen situation'
- Dan Evans: Great Britain Davis Cup player tests positive for cocaine
- Exeter academy skirt boys win right to wear shorts
- Sally Hodkin murder: Failings led to killing by Nicola Edgington
- Radiohead on rare form at Glastonbury
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages