Searchers are still looking for an Akhiok man reported missing Saturday night. According to the Alaska State Troopers, 20-year-old Brandon Phillips was last seen when he told people in the village he was planning on a hike earlier in the day.
When he failed to return, a search was started at 10:30 Saturday night, organized by the Village Public Safety Officer.
They found his all-terrain vehicle and kayak northwest of the village, but found no sign of him.
Two Coast Guard helicopters joined the search on Sunday. Bad weather prevented members of the Kodiak Island Search and Rescue group from participating in the search yesterday.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Boston's 'Free Speech' Rally Organizers Deny Links To White Nationalists
- Duke University Removes Robert E. Lee Statue From Chapel Entrance
- Spanish Authorities Continue Hunt For Suspects In Barcelona Attacks
- From Greece, A Message In A Bottle Reaches Isolated Gaza
- Republicans Plead With Trump To Get On, And Stay On, Message To Pass A Tax Overhaul
- Boston march against right-wing rally draws thousands
- Finland killings: Briton who helped victims says he is 'not a hero'
- Barcelona attack: Government says terror cell dismantled
- Trumps to skip Kennedy honours to avoid 'distraction'
- French fighter jet 'tracks' Jet2 flight on route to Birmingham
- Lele Tao: The 'online goddess' who earns $450k a year
- Trump’s streamlining order: You’ve seen its kind before
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Aug. 18, 2017
- Fairbanks protesters organize against the state wolf control program
- Alaska Airlines pilots plan picket over lack of compensation
- How oyster milkshakes and teamwork are getting Alaska’s shellfish safely to market
- 49 Voices: William “Pops” Wilson of Wasilla
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages