Searchers are still looking for an Akhiok man reported missing Saturday night. According to the Alaska State Troopers, 20-year-old Brandon Phillips was last seen when he told people in the village he was planning on a hike earlier in the day.
When he failed to return, a search was started at 10:30 Saturday night, organized by the Village Public Safety Officer.
They found his all-terrain vehicle and kayak northwest of the village, but found no sign of him.
Two Coast Guard helicopters joined the search on Sunday. Bad weather prevented members of the Kodiak Island Search and Rescue group from participating in the search yesterday.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Keystone XL Pipeline Gets Regulators' OK In Nebraska, Clearing Key Hurdle
- Trump To Designate North Korea As A State Sponsor Of Terrorism
- Spit Test May Help Reveal Concussion Severity
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Merkel 'prefers new vote' after German coalition talks fail
- Brexit: Electoral Commission reopens probe into Vote Leave
- Jana Novotna: Former Wimbledon champion dies at age of 49
- Why do so many US women die giving birth?
- Florida plane highway crash caught on dashcams
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages