The Kodiak High School Bears volleyball team accomplished something over the weekend that they had never done on the court – beat the Dimond Lynx. Playing at the Service-Dimond Tournament, Kodiak downed Dimond 25-18, 17-25 and 15-7 in the semifinals after both went undefeated in earlier pool play.
In championship bracket play, Kodiak remained undefeated, as did Dimond, which came up through the losers bracket to force a showdown rematch. To win, the Lynx would have to beat the Bears twice. After winning the first match 25-23 and 25-17 against Kodiak, the two teams faced off in a winner-take-all game to 30, which they did, by a final score of 31-29.
Next up on the Bears’ schedule are the Moose up in Palmer this Friday and Saturday. The regional championship will next week in Soldotna.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Keystone XL Pipeline Gets Regulators' OK In Nebraska, Clearing Key Hurdle
- Trump To Designate North Korea As A State Sponsor Of Terrorism
- Spit Test May Help Reveal Concussion Severity
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Merkel 'prefers new vote' after German coalition talks fail
- Brexit: Electoral Commission reopens probe into Vote Leave
- Jana Novotna: Former Wimbledon champion dies at age of 49
- Why do so many US women die giving birth?
- Florida plane highway crash caught on dashcams
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages