The Kodiak High School Bears volleyball team accomplished something over the weekend that they had never done on the court – beat the Dimond Lynx. Playing at the Service-Dimond Tournament, Kodiak downed Dimond 25-18, 17-25 and 15-7 in the semifinals after both went undefeated in earlier pool play.
In championship bracket play, Kodiak remained undefeated, as did Dimond, which came up through the losers bracket to force a showdown rematch. To win, the Lynx would have to beat the Bears twice. After winning the first match 25-23 and 25-17 against Kodiak, the two teams faced off in a winner-take-all game to 30, which they did, by a final score of 31-29.
Next up on the Bears’ schedule are the Moose up in Palmer this Friday and Saturday. The regional championship will next week in Soldotna.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Boston's 'Free Speech' Rally Organizers Deny Links To White Nationalists
- Duke University Removes Robert E. Lee Statue From Chapel Entrance
- Spanish Authorities Continue Hunt For Suspects In Barcelona Attacks
- From Greece, A Message In A Bottle Reaches Isolated Gaza
- Republicans Plead With Trump To Get On, And Stay On, Message To Pass A Tax Overhaul
- Boston march against right-wing rally draws thousands
- Finland killings: Briton who helped victims says he is 'not a hero'
- Barcelona attack: Government says terror cell dismantled
- Trumps to skip Kennedy honours to avoid 'distraction'
- French fighter jet 'tracks' Jet2 flight on route to Birmingham
- Lele Tao: The 'online goddess' who earns $450k a year
- Trump’s streamlining order: You’ve seen its kind before
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Aug. 18, 2017
- Fairbanks protesters organize against the state wolf control program
- Alaska Airlines pilots plan picket over lack of compensation
- How oyster milkshakes and teamwork are getting Alaska’s shellfish safely to market
- 49 Voices: William “Pops” Wilson of Wasilla
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages