The Kodiak Island Borough School Board has a new set of officers following the municipal elections three weeks ago. Katie Oliver is now the body’s president, with new school board member Rick Kniaziowski assuming the vice presidential role.
Debra Kirk is the board’s clerk and first-year member Todd Hailey is the treasurer. Norm Wooten is the only board member without a title, though he does hold the institutional memory of the board, having served for many years.
Commander Michael Mullen is the board’s Coast Guard advisory representative, and Frano Nero is the student advisory representative.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Government Shuts Down As Congress Fails To Pass Funding Measure
- Senate Set To Vote On Government Funding Bill Before Midnight
- L.A. Coroner: Tom Petty's Death Was Due To An Accidental Overdose
- Federal Charge Brought In Assault On Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul
- Justice Department To Retry Sen. Robert Menendez And Friend In Corruption Case
- US shutdown begins as Senate fails to pass new budget
- Macron says 'special' UK deal possible
- US musician Tom Petty died of 'accidental drug overdose'
- British tourists warned to 'stay in resorts' in Jamaica security emergency
- Will Gompertz reviews Sky Atlantic's drama Britannia ★★★☆☆
- Persian shallot 'could help fight TB antibiotic resistance'
- What’s open, what’s closed if the government shuts down
- Governor follows up on State of the State speech
- AK: What’s it like to drive a 54,000 pound DOT plow truck?
- Ready to mush: Kusko 300 ready to kick off
- Interior aims to sign King Cove road deal Monday, official confirms
- Diverse backgrounds among three on list for vacant state Senate seat
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages