The Kodiak Island Borough School Board has a new set of officers following the municipal elections three weeks ago. Katie Oliver is now the body’s president, with new school board member Rick Kniaziowski assuming the vice presidential role.
Debra Kirk is the board’s clerk and first-year member Todd Hailey is the treasurer. Norm Wooten is the only board member without a title, though he does hold the institutional memory of the board, having served for many years.
Commander Michael Mullen is the board’s Coast Guard advisory representative, and Frano Nero is the student advisory representative.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'Going There': 3 Prominent Detroit Natives Reflect On The 1967 Riot
- Snooty The Manatee Dies, And A Florida Community Mourns
- Father Of Girl Ticketed For Selling Lemonade Responds To Supporters: 'Make A Stand'
- Chris Froome Wins His Fourth Tour De France Title In Paris
- As The Climate Changes, Kenyan Herders Find Centuries-Old Way Of Life In Danger
- Electricity shake-up could save consumers 'up to £40bn'
- Charlie Gard: Parents face 'backlash' over hospital threats
- Ben Needham: Blood found on items in hunt for toddler
- San Antonio: Truck death toll rises to nine
- Israeli embassy in Amman: Shooting leaves two dead
- Sir Elton John and Prince Harry on Princess Diana
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages