The Kodiak High School Bears volleyball team remains unbeaten in the Northern Lights Conference after sweeping Wasilla here over the weekend. The Bears are now 8-and-0 in the NLC.
On Friday Hannah Wandersee had nine kills to lead the Bears to 25-13, 25-19 and 25-17 wins in the middle school gym. Kodiak repeated on Saturday, winning 25-16, 25-11 and 25-17.
The Bears, who are 13-o overall, not counting tournament games, will play in the Service-Dimond Tournament in Anchorage this week.
Swimming and Diving
The Bears’ swimming and diving team both took first at the Palmer Valley Invite over the weekend.
The Kodiak boys racked up 121 points, 70 more than runner-up Colony, while the girls had 77 points, 16 more than second place Palmer. Each had four individual wins.
Blake James won the 200-yard freestyle and the 100 breaststroke, while Dyton Schauff won the 100 backstroke, and Nicholas Lincoln took the 200 individual medley.
Schauff, James and Lincoln, along with Nathan Schauff won the 200 medley relay.
Tahna Lindquist won the 100 freestyle and the 500 freestyle, while Ila Hughes took the 50 freestyle and the 100 freestyle.
The two, along with Illa Macinko and Brittany Horne won the 200 freestyle relay.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Heathrow Airport: MPs gear up for crunch third runway vote
- Turkey election: Erdogan wins re-election as president
- Uber to begin appeal over London licence denial
- Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- Garden waste collection charges rise to £74m a year
- 'I'm a trade unionist, not a terrorist'
- Power lunch: US senators transfixed by Bear Cam
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Investing in small business
- Search still on for bear that killed one, mauled another in Eagle River
- Anchorage police arrest dozens in ‘Operation Midnight Sun’
- Two Alaska projects selected for federal marine energy innovation grant funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages