Some big sporting events are coming up this weekend for Kodiak High School athletes.
Cross Country Regions
The Bears cross country squad will be competing in the regional championships in Seward on Saturday. The boys team, led by Levi Thomet, will race at 1:15 p.m., while the Kodiak girls will run at 2:45 p.m. JV and Class 1, 2, 3-A athletes are also competing there.
Volleyball at West Spiketacular
Starting today, the red-hot Kodiak volleyball team will get a taste of some real competition at the West Anchorage “Spiketacular,” where 20 other teams will also be competing. Kodiak has four games today; at 4 p.m. against West Valley, 5:30 against East Anchorage, 7 p.m. versus Dimond, and 8:30 p.m. against Wasilla.
Then, the Bears have to turn around and play Eagle River at 9 a.m. Saturday morning, followed by ACS at 10:30. After pool play wraps up tomorrow morning, single-elimination bracket play will fill the afternoon.
You can watch Bears Volleyball live online all season long at U Stream.TV .
Football vs. Houston
The Kodiak Bears football team will play their penultimate game of the season tomorrow against Houston at 2 p.m. The JV game versus Sitka will be at 11 a.m. The Bears have one more week of regular season play after tomorrow, against Skyview, here at home, on October 5th.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Walker administration appoints climate adviser, promises new policy “soon”
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, Sep. 19, 2017
- Murkowski could swing Senate for latest ACA repeal
- Fairbanks’ anti-commercial marijuana ballot measures likely to boost turnout for October election
- Ferry Taku sold, will become floating hotel
- After mining exec weighs in, Juneau Assembly holds off on boundary mine resolution
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages