Some big sporting events are coming up this weekend for Kodiak High School athletes.
Cross Country Regions
The Bears cross country squad will be competing in the regional championships in Seward on Saturday. The boys team, led by Levi Thomet, will race at 1:15 p.m., while the Kodiak girls will run at 2:45 p.m. JV and Class 1, 2, 3-A athletes are also competing there.
Volleyball at West Spiketacular
Starting today, the red-hot Kodiak volleyball team will get a taste of some real competition at the West Anchorage “Spiketacular,” where 20 other teams will also be competing. Kodiak has four games today; at 4 p.m. against West Valley, 5:30 against East Anchorage, 7 p.m. versus Dimond, and 8:30 p.m. against Wasilla.
Then, the Bears have to turn around and play Eagle River at 9 a.m. Saturday morning, followed by ACS at 10:30. After pool play wraps up tomorrow morning, single-elimination bracket play will fill the afternoon.
You can watch Bears Volleyball live online all season long at U Stream.TV .
Football vs. Houston
The Kodiak Bears football team will play their penultimate game of the season tomorrow against Houston at 2 p.m. The JV game versus Sitka will be at 11 a.m. The Bears have one more week of regular season play after tomorrow, against Skyview, here at home, on October 5th.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- As Milk Production Cools In Summer, Farmers Try To Help Cows Take The Heat
- Doctoral Student Compiles Database Of Indigenous Women Who've Gone Missing
- The Russia Investigations: How Many More Maria Butinas Are There?
- Prize-Winning #iPhoneOnly Photos: From Dinos To Divers
- Now A Museum, This USSR Submarine Base Was Built To Endure U.S. Nukes — And Retaliate
- Hundreds attend Alesha MacPhail farewell
- Trump attacks Michael Cohen over 'Playboy model payment tape'
- Toblerone: Bar to revert to original shape
- Race leader 'finishes' half a lap early
- Japan heatwave: Warnings issued amid scorching temperatures
- Nine US 'duck boat' victims from the same family - governor
- Court filing aims to prevent lawsuits by Alaska victims in Las Vegas shooting
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, July 20, 2018
- Murkowski calls on Trump to end ‘sad chapter’ of splitting families at border
- In apparent suicide, man dies after jumping from eighth floor of UAF building
- UA’s College of Education
- 49 Voices: Benito Achas of Kodiak
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages