Some big sporting events are coming up this weekend for Kodiak High School athletes.
Cross Country Regions
The Bears cross country squad will be competing in the regional championships in Seward on Saturday. The boys team, led by Levi Thomet, will race at 1:15 p.m., while the Kodiak girls will run at 2:45 p.m. JV and Class 1, 2, 3-A athletes are also competing there.
Volleyball at West Spiketacular
Starting today, the red-hot Kodiak volleyball team will get a taste of some real competition at the West Anchorage “Spiketacular,” where 20 other teams will also be competing. Kodiak has four games today; at 4 p.m. against West Valley, 5:30 against East Anchorage, 7 p.m. versus Dimond, and 8:30 p.m. against Wasilla.
Then, the Bears have to turn around and play Eagle River at 9 a.m. Saturday morning, followed by ACS at 10:30. After pool play wraps up tomorrow morning, single-elimination bracket play will fill the afternoon.
You can watch Bears Volleyball live online all season long at U Stream.TV .
Football vs. Houston
The Kodiak Bears football team will play their penultimate game of the season tomorrow against Houston at 2 p.m. The JV game versus Sitka will be at 11 a.m. The Bears have one more week of regular season play after tomorrow, against Skyview, here at home, on October 5th.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mom Of Cross-Border Shooting Victim 'Still Waiting For Victory'
- CHART: CBO Weighs Who Wins, Who Loses With Senate Health Care Bill
- Google Hit With $2.7 Billion Fine By European Antitrust Monitor
- From Birth To Death, Medicaid Affects The Lives Of Millions
- Mixing Business And The Presidency, Trump To Hold Fundraiser At His Washington Hotel
- CBO sees peril in Senate bill for uncrowded regions
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, June 26, 2017
- Chilkat weaver receives national folk art honor
- Man becomes first person to Race to Alaska on a stand-up paddle board
- Chitina dip netters can now catch salon in Copper River after spring ban
- Talkeetna’s inaugural Pride celebration draws a crowd
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages