There’s a limited sports schedule this weekend for Kodiak High School athletes, comprised of a pair of cross country races and a home football game.
The Bears will welcome the Colony Knights to the Fort Abercrombie trail this evening, with the girls racing at 5 p.m. and the boys at 5:45. Tomorrow at 9 a.m., the two schools will run co-ed 4-by-1-mile relays at the Bear Valley Golf Course.
On the gridiron, the Bears start a three-game homestand to wrap up the regular season. The Thunder Mountain Falcons from Juneau will take on the Bears at 2 p.m.
Swimming and volleyball have the weekend off, though at least the volleyball team plans on getting wet – they’re hosting a fundraising carwash from 9 to noon tomorrow at the Wells Fargo on Mill Bay Road.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Virginia Woman Mauled To Death By Her Pit Bulls During Walk In Woods, Says Sheriff
- Astronaut Trio Heads For Space Station To Continue Scientific Research
- Teachers Around The Country React To Investigation Into Ballou High School
- Secret Pentagon Program Spent Millions To Research UFOs
- Post-María, A Key Ecosystem In Puerto Rico Faces Slow Recovery
- UK embassy worker found dead in Lebanon
- Trump Putin call: CIA 'helped stop Russia terror attack'
- Birmingham crash: Six dead in 'horrific' smash
- Ban sale of mini mobile phones, justice secretary says
- Barack Obama prepares for his Today programme interview with Prince Harry
- Barry Sherman: Family disputes reports on mystery double death in Canada
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages