There’s a limited sports schedule this weekend for Kodiak High School athletes, comprised of a pair of cross country races and a home football game.
The Bears will welcome the Colony Knights to the Fort Abercrombie trail this evening, with the girls racing at 5 p.m. and the boys at 5:45. Tomorrow at 9 a.m., the two schools will run co-ed 4-by-1-mile relays at the Bear Valley Golf Course.
On the gridiron, the Bears start a three-game homestand to wrap up the regular season. The Thunder Mountain Falcons from Juneau will take on the Bears at 2 p.m.
Swimming and volleyball have the weekend off, though at least the volleyball team plans on getting wet – they’re hosting a fundraising carwash from 9 to noon tomorrow at the Wells Fargo on Mill Bay Road.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- As Milk Production Cools In Summer, Farmers Try To Help Cows Take The Heat
- Doctoral Student Compiles Database Of Indigenous Women Who've Gone Missing
- The Russia Investigations: How Many More Maria Butinas Are There?
- Prize-Winning #iPhoneOnly Photos: From Dinos To Divers
- Now A Museum, This USSR Submarine Base Was Built To Endure U.S. Nukes — And Retaliate
- Hundreds attend Alesha MacPhail farewell
- Trump attacks Michael Cohen over 'Playboy model payment tape'
- Toblerone: Bar to revert to original shape
- Race leader 'finishes' half a lap early
- Japan heatwave: Warnings issued amid scorching temperatures
- Nine US 'duck boat' victims from the same family - governor
- Court filing aims to prevent lawsuits by Alaska victims in Las Vegas shooting
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, July 20, 2018
- Murkowski calls on Trump to end ‘sad chapter’ of splitting families at border
- In apparent suicide, man dies after jumping from eighth floor of UAF building
- UA’s College of Education
- 49 Voices: Benito Achas of Kodiak
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages