The one-boat-at-a-time bait herring fishery around Kodiak Island opened today at 10 a.m. The guideline harvest level in the two open districts is 99 tons for the South Afognak District and 180 tons in the Uganik District. The districts will remain open until further notice and be closed by emergency order by Fish and Game or when they reach their respective GHL.
In an announcement today, Fish and Game says the Eastside District could open if there is interest in harvesting its 175 ton GHL.
The fall bait herring fishery is operated in a cooperative manner, with one boat fishing for the combine at any one time.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mexico City Earthquake Update: Desperate Attempts To Reach Girl Trapped By Rubble
- Trump Administration Plans New Sanctions On North Korea
- Top Stories: Tracking Hurricane Maria; The Reach Of Credit Bureaus
- Shellfish Surprise: Common 'Herbivore' Dinosaur Found To Snack On Crustaceans
- Hurricane Maria Leaves Puerto Rico Without Electricity, Hits Dominican Republic
- Brexit: Theresa May 'to offer 20bn euros transitional deal'
- Ryanair plans to make pilots change holidays
- Mexico earthquake: Race to save children under collapsed school
- Ian Brady: Moors Murderer 'would remove feeding tube'
- Hell in a bottle: I survived an acid attack
- Murdered Briton Emma Kelty 'shot and thrown in Amazon'
- Amid evolving Afghan mission, Alaska soldiers ready to deploy
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Sep. 20, 2017
- ‘Vote no’: Left takes to TV and sky to reach Murkowski
- Traveling Music 9-24-17
- Interior official says Trump administration has the ‘guts’ to allow oil exploration in ANWR
- Ask a Climatologist: The fall color formula is pretty simple
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages