The one-boat-at-a-time bait herring fishery around Kodiak Island opened today at 10 a.m. The guideline harvest level in the two open districts is 99 tons for the South Afognak District and 180 tons in the Uganik District. The districts will remain open until further notice and be closed by emergency order by Fish and Game or when they reach their respective GHL.
In an announcement today, Fish and Game says the Eastside District could open if there is interest in harvesting its 175 ton GHL.
The fall bait herring fishery is operated in a cooperative manner, with one boat fishing for the combine at any one time.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Facebook: Firm Working With Trump Campaign Stole 50 Million Users' Data
- In A Flurry Of Furious Tweets, President Trump Takes Aim At Mueller Probe
- Man Arrested for Bomb Threat at SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas
- Britain Accuses Russia Of Stockpiling Deadly Nerve Agent
- Trump Continues Barrage Against Special Counsel Mueller, Fired FBI Deputy McCabe
- Oil revenue is up in state’s spring forecast
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, March 16, 2017
- Preventing suicide with strength and resilience
- First Alaskans Institute helps revive Yup’ik traditional Qasgiq teachings at Cama-i
- Meet Lily and Gizelle
- Zulkosky organizes meeting to discuss alcohol’s impact on villages
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages