The one-boat-at-a-time bait herring fishery around Kodiak Island opened today at 10 a.m. The guideline harvest level in the two open districts is 99 tons for the South Afognak District and 180 tons in the Uganik District. The districts will remain open until further notice and be closed by emergency order by Fish and Game or when they reach their respective GHL.
In an announcement today, Fish and Game says the Eastside District could open if there is interest in harvesting its 175 ton GHL.
The fall bait herring fishery is operated in a cooperative manner, with one boat fishing for the combine at any one time.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Virginia Woman Mauled To Death By Her Pit Bulls During Walk In Woods, Says Sheriff
- Astronaut Trio Heads For Space Station To Continue Scientific Research
- Teachers Around The Country React To Investigation Into Ballou High School
- Secret Pentagon Program Spent Millions To Research UFOs
- Post-María, A Key Ecosystem In Puerto Rico Faces Slow Recovery
- UK embassy worker found dead in Lebanon
- Trump Putin call: CIA 'helped stop Russia terror attack'
- Birmingham crash: Six dead in 'horrific' smash
- Ban sale of mini mobile phones, justice secretary says
- Barack Obama prepares for his Today programme interview with Prince Harry
- Barry Sherman: Family disputes reports on mystery double death in Canada
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages