Each day this week KMXT took a closer look at the Kodiak Island Borough’s capital improvement projects priority list, focusing on a few of the eight items each day. Tonight that list will be before the Borough Assembly as a resolution and they will vote on whether or not to submit it to Governor Sean Parnell and the Alaska Legislature.
Another resolution on tonight’s regular meeting agenda requests the governor include $100 million in his FY 2015 capital budget to go toward a vessel replacement fund for the Tustumena. That request was originally included in the assembly’s CIP list, but Kodiak’s Representative Alan Austerman suggested that a resolution might serve the borough better in stressing the need for a new Tustumena class ferry.
Tonight’s meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough assembly chambers and will be broadcast live on KMXT. Public comments are accepted at the beginning and end of the meeting, and limited to three minutes per speaker.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Scientists Peek Inside The 'Black Box' Of Soil Microbes To Learn Their Secrets
- Cryptocurrency Investors Worry, Wait After Bitcoin Price Drop
- 'This Is Depraved Conduct': Couple Charged With Torture After Kids Found Shackled
- More States Turning To Toll Roads To Raise Cash For Infrastructure
- Roger Severino Discusses The HHS Division Of Conscience And Religious Freedom
- Calais migrants: UK and France sign new treaty
- Turpin case: California couple deny torturing 'shackled siblings'
- UK 'in grip of worst flu season since 2011'
- Cheers for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Cardiff Castle
- Amelia Blake: Family 'shocked' by backpacker death in Sydney
- Pope Francis marries couple on Chile flight
- Mat-Su Borough Assembly rejects agreement with state on air quality
- Among 100-plus proposals, Sitka’s sac roe herring fishery a top issue
- Top Republican, Democrat in Alaska Senate differ on income tax
- State-ordered investigation following BP leak finds no additional problem wells
- Calls for service plummet amid new strategy at Anchorage shelter
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages