Coming up this week, Walmart officials seem sound open to accepting Alaska salmon – even without MSC approval; Bristol Bay gillnetting permits are increasing in prices, even though this summer didn’t live up to expectations, and the fella who’s towed more grounded fishing boats off the rocks than almost anyone, sells his company – but doesn’t retire. All that and how bloggers might help salmon sales. We had help from KDLG’s Mike Mason in Dillingham, KUCB’s Lauren Rosenthal in Unalaska and KCHU’s Tony Gorman in Valdez.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'Going There': 3 Prominent Detroit Natives Reflect On The 1967 Riot
- Snooty The Manatee Dies, And A Florida Community Mourns
- Father Of Girl Ticketed For Selling Lemonade Responds To Supporters: 'Make A Stand'
- Chris Froome Wins His Fourth Tour De France Title In Paris
- As The Climate Changes, Kenyan Herders Find Centuries-Old Way Of Life In Danger
- Electricity shake-up could save consumers 'up to £40bn'
- Charlie Gard: Parents face 'backlash' over hospital threats
- Ben Needham: Blood found on items in hunt for toddler
- San Antonio: Truck death toll rises to nine
- Israeli embassy in Amman: Shooting leaves two dead
- Sir Elton John and Prince Harry on Princess Diana
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages