Shelikof Street in downtown Kodiak was closed for a time yesterday evening as the Kodiak Fire Department responded to a fire in a workshop owned by Pacific Seafoods. The building, at 330 Shelikof, is across the street from the small seafood processing plant.
The fire department says the call came in just after 5:30 p.m. Firemen were still at the scene examining the interior of the building at 9 o’clock. Smoke damage could be seen outside the front and garage doors, though total damage estimates were not immediately available.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- As Rain Keeps Falling, Sierra Leone Scrambles To Find Mudslide Survivors
- Bannon, Unplugged: White House Strategist Pushes Trade Agenda, Undercuts Colleagues
- Van Strikes Crowd In Barcelona; Multiple Injured, At Least One Dead, Police Say
- Found: 1-Carrot Diamond Ring
- As Tunisia Weighs Women's Rights Proposal, Some Of The Staunchest Opponents Are Women
- Mat-Su Assembly puts off plastic bag tax vote
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2017
- Haines Assembly members survive divisive recall election
- Imprisoned former militia leader Schaeffer Cox has appeal hearing
- Clark’s Point drawing families back to the village by reopening its school
- Dimond High Presidential Scholar travels to D.C. to receive award
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages