Alaska Governor Sean Parnell reappointed two men to the Alaska Seafood Marketing Association on Friday, and added a new member from Seattle.
Coming back for another stretch on the ASMI board are Jack Schultheis of Emmonak and Kevin Adams of Anchorage. New to the board is Amy Humphreys, the president and CEO of Icicle Seafoods.
Schultheis is the general manager for Kwik-Pak Fisheries. He has been involved in processing for 37 years, mostly in Western Alaska fisheries. He was reappointed to a small processor seat.
Adams is the current ASMI chair and has 40 years of experience as a drift boat fisherman in Bristol Bay. Adams has also worked as an employee for the Alaska Fisheries Development Foundation and the Bering Sea Fisherman’s Association. He was reappointed to a harvester seat.
Prior to heading up Icicle, Humphreys was president of Delta Western and vice president of corporate development for American Seafoods Group. She was appointed to a large processor seat.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'I'm Just Trying To Make Myself Laugh': 'New Yorker' Artist Shares His Cover Stories
- Body Cam Study Shows No Effect On Police Use Of Force Or Citizen Complaints
- Federal Judge Will Not Void Guilty Ruling On Arpaio, Despite Trump's Pardon
- FBI Anti-Sex Trafficking Operation Rescues 84 Minors
- Switching To Middle School Can Be Hard On Kids, But There Are Ways To Make It Better
- Brexit: Talk of deadlock is exaggerated, says Donald Tusk
- Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet
- Catalonia crisis: Spain plans for elections as independence row grows
- Why Somalis are wearing red bandanas
- David Blaine under investigation over UK model's rape claim
- Puppy dog eyes are for human benefit, say scientists
- U.S. Senate passes budget that could open ANWR
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017
- Day one of AFN sees rousing speeches on fiscal crisis and “Strength in Unity”
- Alaska and its tribes sign child services compact
- Eielson’s F-35s will ‘save our bacon’ by offsetting economic slump, Fairbanks Mayor Says
- Skagway Assemblyman found in violation of state disclosure laws for third time in 2 years
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages