We’re still more than a month away from the waterfowl hunting season around Kodiak Island, but Fish and Game wants to make sure hunters are aware of an error in the 2013-2014 regulation summary booklet for Game Management Unit 8.
The booklet incorrectly reads that the possession limit for dark geese have increased to three times the daily bag limit, except for Dusky Canada geese. That is incorrect. It should read “except for ALL Canada geese.” Canada geese possession limits remain at two times the daily bag limit.
That correction is for both Game Management Unit 6 and GMU 8, the Kodiak area.
Other corrections for GMU 6 and GMU 5 also deal with daily bag limits.
The version online have been corrected, and you can see them here.
And while geese possession limits have changed for many species, the sea duck possession limit has not changed, and remains two times the daily bag limit. Non-resident hunters may take no more than 20 birds.
Protected species, such as emperor gees, spectacled eiders and Steller’s eider remain off limits to hunting.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 20 Injured As Massive Fire Tears Through Senior Living Center Near Philadelphia
- Jesse Jackson Says He Has Parkinson's Disease
- Young Men, Frequent Drivers Most Likely To Get Distracted While Driving
- Clues In That Mysterious Radioactive Cloud Point Toward Russia
- Government Outlines When It Will Disclose Or Exploit Software Vulnerabilities
- Aircraft and helicopter in mid-air crash
- Brexit: EU gives May two weeks to act on divorce bill and Ireland
- Mistakes in benefits claims could cost up to £500m
- George Bush Snr accused of groping by eighth woman
- The degrees that make you rich... and the ones that don't
- Hero dog Mali receives highest award for gallantry
- Behind the scenes with ACT’s new staff members
- ACLU says judges would invalidate crime law provision, but prosecutors see a solution
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017
- House passes tax plan, the bill Young says will open ANWR
- Interior Gas Utility sets public meetings to explain proposed purchase of Pentex Assets
- Bingo hall theft: Man in Halloween mask grabbed money and ran
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages