We’re still more than a month away from the waterfowl hunting season around Kodiak Island, but Fish and Game wants to make sure hunters are aware of an error in the 2013-2014 regulation summary booklet for Game Management Unit 8.
The booklet incorrectly reads that the possession limit for dark geese have increased to three times the daily bag limit, except for Dusky Canada geese. That is incorrect. It should read “except for ALL Canada geese.” Canada geese possession limits remain at two times the daily bag limit.
That correction is for both Game Management Unit 6 and GMU 8, the Kodiak area.
Other corrections for GMU 6 and GMU 5 also deal with daily bag limits.
The version online have been corrected, and you can see them here.
And while geese possession limits have changed for many species, the sea duck possession limit has not changed, and remains two times the daily bag limit. Non-resident hunters may take no more than 20 birds.
Protected species, such as emperor gees, spectacled eiders and Steller’s eider remain off limits to hunting.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Russian Bobsledder Disqualified For Doping, Court Says
- Czech Republic's Ester Ledecka Makes History With Golds In Snowboarding And Skiing
- U.S. Men's Curling Team Wins Gold, Beating Sweden 10-7 At Pyeongchang Winter Olympics
- Trump Administration Restricts H-1B Worker Visas Coveted By High Tech
- Logs Of 911 Calls Reveal The Troubled History Of Florida School Shooter
- Florida shooting: Firms abandon NRA amid consumer boycott
- Winter Olympics: Billy Morgan wins Great Britain's record fifth medal in Pyeongchang
- Two charged over Coventry brothers 'hit-and-run' deaths
- Red Cross reveals 21 staff paid for sexual services
- Euromillions results: UK ticket holder wins £78m
- 'Groped by Holy Mosque guard during Hajj' in Mecca
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Feb. 23, 2018
- Traveling Music 3-4-18
- Three dead in early morning Anchorage fire
- Walker among governors prodding Congress on health care
- Murkowski sends letter questioning oil companies about drop in Alaska hire
- Scientists discover mysterious uranium particle above Aleutian Islands
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages