We’re still more than a month away from the waterfowl hunting season around Kodiak Island, but Fish and Game wants to make sure hunters are aware of an error in the 2013-2014 regulation summary booklet for Game Management Unit 8.
The booklet incorrectly reads that the possession limit for dark geese have increased to three times the daily bag limit, except for Dusky Canada geese. That is incorrect. It should read “except for ALL Canada geese.” Canada geese possession limits remain at two times the daily bag limit.
That correction is for both Game Management Unit 6 and GMU 8, the Kodiak area.
Other corrections for GMU 6 and GMU 5 also deal with daily bag limits.
The version online have been corrected, and you can see them here.
And while geese possession limits have changed for many species, the sea duck possession limit has not changed, and remains two times the daily bag limit. Non-resident hunters may take no more than 20 birds.
Protected species, such as emperor gees, spectacled eiders and Steller’s eider remain off limits to hunting.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Health Insurers Are Vacuuming Up Details About You — And It Could Raise Your Rates
- Amid A Hispanic Boom, Conflicting Feelings On Immigration
- Trump's Helsinki Bow to Putin Leaves World Wondering: Why?
- Money Surges Toward House Democratic Hopefuls
- Late Mother Teresa's Order Investigated For Child Trafficking In India
- Vote Leave: Brexit campaign 'broke electoral law' in referendum
- Millions to face hosepipe ban in north-west England
- Brexit: Chequers plan not dead, insists Liam Fox
- Trump-Putin summit: US president under fire over poll meddling comments
- Slime toys could have 'potentially unsafe levels' of boron, says Which?
- IS fighters' orphaned children stranded in Libya
- Iditarod adds four new board members amid criticism
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, July 16, 2018
- Alaska’s LNG project looking for private contractor to help with federal permitting
- Alaska senators fault Trump for going easy on Putin
- Alutiiq ancestral objects return home to Kodiak after nearly 150 years
- Looking to fill niche and begin enterprise, Anchorage teen opens streetwear store
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages