Another strong week of fishing has pushed the Kodiak area pink salmon harvest well past the preseason forecast of 17-million. With catches averaging a million a day for much of the past week, the total humpy harvest through Saturday is 19,526,179.
Sockeye continue to be netted in the tens of thousands each day, with the season catch now above 2.25-million.
Chum salmon are running strong as well, with the catch going over 710,000 on Saturday. Over 85,000 slivers have been caught as well as nearly 34,000 king salmon.
Fish and Game usually updates its in-season harvest figures by midmorning, so we’ll have Sunday’s catch for you during our noon news.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Theresa May urges EU to retain trade terms for two years after Brexit
- Brexit: What did we learn from Theresa May's Florence speech?
- Parsons Green attack: Man in court charged with attempted murder
- Uber London loses licence to operate
- North Korea: Trump and Kim call each other mad
- Hurricane Maria: Woman and children stranded on vessel rescued
- Small spill reported at Valdez Marine Terminal
- Gov. Walker cites uncertainty over funding in opposing ACA repeal
- Cyrano’s Theatre Company is killing monsters…
- Should independents be able to run in a Democratic primary?
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Sep. 21, 2017
- VP Pence calls in to Anchorage talk radio
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages