Another strong week of fishing has pushed the Kodiak area pink salmon harvest well past the preseason forecast of 17-million. With catches averaging a million a day for much of the past week, the total humpy harvest through Saturday is 19,526,179.
Sockeye continue to be netted in the tens of thousands each day, with the season catch now above 2.25-million.
Chum salmon are running strong as well, with the catch going over 710,000 on Saturday. Over 85,000 slivers have been caught as well as nearly 34,000 king salmon.
Fish and Game usually updates its in-season harvest figures by midmorning, so we’ll have Sunday’s catch for you during our noon news.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Opioid Treatment Funds In Senate Bill Would Fall Far Short Of Needs
- The Poet Bao Phi, On Creating a 'Guidebook' For Young Asian-Americans
- 'Khichuri': An Ancient Indian Comfort Dish With A Global Influence
- O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing Could Lead To His Prison Release
- Betsy DeVos' Latest Speech Draws Protests, Even Before She Speaks
- Video: Oil clues hidden in stone
- Audiogram: Alaska’s great recession
- Fishermen on Yukon lose economic opportunity when buyer becomes overloaded, cancels opening
- Alaska’s U.S. senators diverge on repeal, replace
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, July 19, 2017
- Stephen Wallace appointed as Bethel District Attorney
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages