Another strong week of fishing has pushed the Kodiak area pink salmon harvest well past the preseason forecast of 17-million. With catches averaging a million a day for much of the past week, the total humpy harvest through Saturday is 19,526,179.
Sockeye continue to be netted in the tens of thousands each day, with the season catch now above 2.25-million.
Chum salmon are running strong as well, with the catch going over 710,000 on Saturday. Over 85,000 slivers have been caught as well as nearly 34,000 king salmon.
Fish and Game usually updates its in-season harvest figures by midmorning, so we’ll have Sunday’s catch for you during our noon news.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Russia-Based Kaspersky Lab Sues Trump Administration For Banning Its Software
- U.N. Human Rights Chief: Aung San Suu Kyi Could Be Culpable For Genocide
- Cities With Uber Have Lower Rates Of Ambulance Usage
- Could A Zap To The Brain Derail Destructive Impulses?
- 'Panic And Confusion' As Pakistan Orders Foreign Aid Groups To Shut Down
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Deaths as carriages fall on US motorway
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Aerial footage of the scene
- RAF Mildenhall: Shots fired in security alert at US Suffolk airbase
- Trump: Russia and China ‘rival powers’ in new security plan
- Liverpool jail: The worst conditions ever seen, says report
- Cyril Ramaphosa is elected ANC leader
- Pebble names First Quantum Minerals as new partner
- Algo Nuevo December 17, 2017
- For third straight year, Gov. Walker proposes budget drawing from Permanent Fund earnings
- ACLU sounds alarm on non-criminal immigrant detentions in Anchorage
- Alaska marijuana regulators issue first-ever license revocation after slew of violations
- Conoco hopes to crack open off-limits North Slope land
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages