Another strong week of fishing has pushed the Kodiak area pink salmon harvest well past the preseason forecast of 17-million. With catches averaging a million a day for much of the past week, the total humpy harvest through Saturday is 19,526,179.
Sockeye continue to be netted in the tens of thousands each day, with the season catch now above 2.25-million.
Chum salmon are running strong as well, with the catch going over 710,000 on Saturday. Over 85,000 slivers have been caught as well as nearly 34,000 king salmon.
Fish and Game usually updates its in-season harvest figures by midmorning, so we’ll have Sunday’s catch for you during our noon news.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Trump Administration Releases Classified Warrants For FBI Wiretap Of Carter Page
- 4 Years After MH17 Downing, Advocates Urge Continued Attention To AIDS Crisis
- Mastermind Behind Malta Journalist Killing Remains A Mystery
- Rome's Subway Expansion Reveals Artifacts From The Ancient Past
- The Taliban Couldn't Quash This Pakistani Squash Champ
- Court filing aims to prevent lawsuits by Alaska victims in Las Vegas shooting
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, July 20, 2018
- Murkowski calls on Trump to end ‘sad chapter’ of splitting families at border
- In apparent suicide, man dies after jumping from eighth floor of UAF building
- UA’s College of Education
- 49 Voices: Benito Achas of Kodiak
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages