Kodiak Police Chief T.C. Kamai announced several promotions within his department on Friday, all of which go into effect today.
Detective Sergeant Ronda Wallace has been promoted to Lieutenant and will be assigned as the Operations Division Commander. She joined the KPD in 1997 as a dispatcher and was hired as a police officer in 1998.
Detective Tim Putney and police officer first class Michael Chiesa were promoted to Police Sergeant.
Corrections Officer Hector Suarez was promoted to Corrections Sergeant, also effective today. He has worked for in the jail for several years and will take over for Dan Olson who retired in May.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Barcelona attack: New manhunt for suspected driver
- Sir Bruce Forsyth: TV legend dies aged 89
- Steve Bannon fired as Trump White House's top strategist
- Woman raped by Roman Polanski asks for 'mercy' to end case
- Charlottesville victim's mum rebukes Trump
- Lele Tao: The 'online goddess' who earns $450k a year
- Trump’s streamlining order: You’ve seen its kind before
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Aug. 18, 2017
- Fairbanks protesters organize against the state wolf control program
- Alaska Airlines pilots plan picket over lack of compensation
- How oyster milkshakes and teamwork are getting Alaska’s shellfish safely to market
- 49 Voices: William “Pops” Wilson of Wasilla
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages