Kodiak Police Chief T.C. Kamai announced several promotions within his department on Friday, all of which go into effect today.
Detective Sergeant Ronda Wallace has been promoted to Lieutenant and will be assigned as the Operations Division Commander. She joined the KPD in 1997 as a dispatcher and was hired as a police officer in 1998.
Detective Tim Putney and police officer first class Michael Chiesa were promoted to Police Sergeant.
Corrections Officer Hector Suarez was promoted to Corrections Sergeant, also effective today. He has worked for in the jail for several years and will take over for Dan Olson who retired in May.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Jesse Jackson Says He Has Parkinson's Disease
- Young Men, Frequent Drivers Most Likely Get Distracted While Driving
- Clues In That Mysterious Radioactive Cloud Point Toward Russia
- Government Outlines When It Will Disclose Or Exploit Software Vulnerabilities
- Sarah Silverman Asks: 'Can You Love Someone Who Did Bad Things?'
- Aircraft and helicopter in mid-air crash
- Brexit: EU gives May two weeks to act on divorce bill and Ireland
- Mistakes in benefits claims could cost up to £500m
- George Bush Snr accused of groping by eighth woman
- The degrees that make you rich... and the ones that don't
- Hero dog Mali receives highest award for gallantry
- Behind the scenes with ACT’s new staff members
- ACLU says judges would invalidate crime law provision, but prosecutors see a solution
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017
- House passes tax plan, the bill Young says will open ANWR
- Interior Gas Utility sets public meetings to explain proposed purchase of Pentex Assets
- Bingo hall theft: Man in Halloween mask grabbed money and ran
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages