Kodiak Police Chief T.C. Kamai announced several promotions within his department on Friday, all of which go into effect today.
Detective Sergeant Ronda Wallace has been promoted to Lieutenant and will be assigned as the Operations Division Commander. She joined the KPD in 1997 as a dispatcher and was hired as a police officer in 1998.
Detective Tim Putney and police officer first class Michael Chiesa were promoted to Police Sergeant.
Corrections Officer Hector Suarez was promoted to Corrections Sergeant, also effective today. He has worked for in the jail for several years and will take over for Dan Olson who retired in May.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Illinois Bishop Decrees No Communion, Funeral Rites For Same-Sex Spouses
- Arkansas Tries To Stop An Epidemic Of Herbicide Damage
- WATCH: It's Been A Long Week. So Here's A Gorilla Dancing In A Pool
- What The Man Who Ran Obamacare Thinks About the Republican Health Plan
- In North Carolina, No Is Not Always No, If The Sex Has Already Started
- Camden flats: Hundreds of homes evacuated over fire risk fears
- Brexit: EU leaders says UK offer could 'worsen situation'
- Dan Evans: Great Britain Davis Cup player tests positive for cocaine
- Exeter academy skirt boys win right to wear shorts
- Sally Hodkin murder: Failings led to killing by Nicola Edgington
- Radiohead on rare form at Glastonbury
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages