The ballot for the City of Kodiak elections is looking just as sparse as the borough’s, with just the incumbents having filed as of this morning.
Mayor Pat Branson has signed up to run for another two-year term, while Councilmen Charlie Davidson and John Whiddon will both be seeking another three-year term.
The city’s filing deadline is, like the borough’s, this afternoon at 4:30 p.m.
We’ll have the final candidate list for both on KMXT.org as soon as they’re released.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'I'm Just Trying To Make Myself Laugh': 'New Yorker' Artist Shares His Cover Stories
- Body Cam Study Shows No Effect On Police Use Of Force Or Citizen Complaints
- Federal Judge Will Not Void Guilty Ruling On Arpaio, Despite Trump's Pardon
- FBI Anti-Sex Trafficking Operation Rescues 84 Minors
- Switching To Middle School Can Be Hard On Kids, But There Are Ways To Make It Better
- Brexit: Talk of deadlock is exaggerated, says Donald Tusk
- Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet
- Catalonia crisis: Spain plans for elections as independence row grows
- Why Somalis are wearing red bandanas
- David Blaine under investigation over UK model's rape claim
- Puppy dog eyes are for human benefit, say scientists
- U.S. Senate passes budget that could open ANWR
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017
- Day one of AFN sees rousing speeches on fiscal crisis and “Strength in Unity”
- Alaska and its tribes sign child services compact
- Eielson’s F-35s will ‘save our bacon’ by offsetting economic slump, Fairbanks Mayor Says
- Skagway Assemblyman found in violation of state disclosure laws for third time in 2 years
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages