There have been four more hats thrown into the ring that is the Kodiak borough election pool.
Frank Peterson has joined the race for a three-year assembly seat. Also running is incumbent Carol Austerman.
Rick Kniaziowski has signed up to run for the one three-year term available on the school board, and is so far the only person to file. There is also a school board seat with a one-year term available.
Meanwhile, Jim Pickett has filed for Fire Protection Area Number 1 Board and Dennis Symmons has filed for the Service Area Number One Board. Both seats are for three years.
So far there are no contested races for any of the 14 open positions on the ballot. The filing period ends at 4:30 Thursday afternoon.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Keystone XL Pipeline Gets Regulators' OK In Nebraska, Clearing Key Hurdle
- Trump To Designate North Korea As A State Sponsor Of Terrorism
- Spit Test May Help Reveal Concussion Severity
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Merkel 'prefers new vote' after German coalition talks fail
- Brexit: Electoral Commission reopens probe into Vote Leave
- Jana Novotna: Former Wimbledon champion dies at age of 49
- Why do so many US women die giving birth?
- Florida plane highway crash caught on dashcams
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages