There have been four more hats thrown into the ring that is the Kodiak borough election pool.
Frank Peterson has joined the race for a three-year assembly seat. Also running is incumbent Carol Austerman.
Rick Kniaziowski has signed up to run for the one three-year term available on the school board, and is so far the only person to file. There is also a school board seat with a one-year term available.
Meanwhile, Jim Pickett has filed for Fire Protection Area Number 1 Board and Dennis Symmons has filed for the Service Area Number One Board. Both seats are for three years.
So far there are no contested races for any of the 14 open positions on the ballot. The filing period ends at 4:30 Thursday afternoon.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Syrian Airstrike Hits Marketplace Near Turkish Border, Killing More Than Two Dozen
- Rain And Snow Vex Both Coasts
- Foreign Policy Expert Discusses John Bolton's National Security Adviser Appointment
- $500K Bond For Brother Of Alleged Florida Shooter Is 'Reprehensible,' Lawyer Says
- Illinois Town Tries Hard To Wean Off Of Steel
- ACLU sues city of Palmer over alleged unlawful immigrant arrest
- Feds take key step toward approving another Conoco development in NPR-A
- State budget largely unchanged after 3 days of amendments
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Congress poised to approve $15M for village relocation in Alaska
- As bridge fix continues, Glenn Highway congestion could go on for days
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages