There have been four more hats thrown into the ring that is the Kodiak borough election pool.
Frank Peterson has joined the race for a three-year assembly seat. Also running is incumbent Carol Austerman.
Rick Kniaziowski has signed up to run for the one three-year term available on the school board, and is so far the only person to file. There is also a school board seat with a one-year term available.
Meanwhile, Jim Pickett has filed for Fire Protection Area Number 1 Board and Dennis Symmons has filed for the Service Area Number One Board. Both seats are for three years.
So far there are no contested races for any of the 14 open positions on the ballot. The filing period ends at 4:30 Thursday afternoon.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Illinois Bishop Decrees No Communion, Funeral Rites For Same-Sex Spouses
- Arkansas Tries To Stop An Epidemic Of Herbicide Damage
- WATCH: It's Been A Long Week. So Here's A Gorilla Dancing In A Pool
- What The Man Who Ran Obamacare Thinks About the Republican Health Plan
- In North Carolina, No Is Not Always No, If The Sex Has Already Started
- Camden flats: Hundreds of homes evacuated over fire risk fears
- Brexit: EU leaders says UK offer could 'worsen situation'
- Dan Evans: Great Britain Davis Cup player tests positive for cocaine
- Exeter academy skirt boys win right to wear shorts
- Sally Hodkin murder: Failings led to killing by Nicola Edgington
- Radiohead on rare form at Glastonbury
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages