A 13-year-old Kodiak boy was medevac’d to Anchorage after an ATV accident near Roslyn Beach on Saturday. The Alaska State Troopers report he was driving a four-wheeler on a trail near the beach when the accident occurred.
Troopers and Kodiak Fire Department EMTs needed to be ferried by others on ATVs to reach the site of the accident. After the boy was treated on the scene, an Air Station Kodiak Jayhawk helicopter was called in to medevac him to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center. The Troopers report he was then flown to Anchorage for further medical treatment.
The unidentified boy reportedly suffered a head injury, and WAS wearing a helmet at the time of accident. The Coast Guard listed him as stable when they transferred him in Kodiak. His current condition is unknown.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Boston's 'Free Speech' Rally Organizers Deny Links To White Nationalists
- Duke University Removes Robert E. Lee Statue From Chapel Entrance
- Spanish Authorities Continue Hunt For Suspects In Barcelona Attacks
- From Greece, A Message In A Bottle Reaches Isolated Gaza
- Republicans Plead With Trump To Get On, And Stay On, Message To Pass A Tax Overhaul
- Boston march against right-wing rally draws thousands
- Finland killings: Briton who helped victims says he is 'not a hero'
- Barcelona attack: Government says terror cell dismantled
- Trumps to skip Kennedy honours to avoid 'distraction'
- French fighter jet 'tracks' Jet2 flight on route to Birmingham
- Lele Tao: The 'online goddess' who earns $450k a year
- Trump’s streamlining order: You’ve seen its kind before
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Aug. 18, 2017
- Fairbanks protesters organize against the state wolf control program
- Alaska Airlines pilots plan picket over lack of compensation
- How oyster milkshakes and teamwork are getting Alaska’s shellfish safely to market
- 49 Voices: William “Pops” Wilson of Wasilla
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages