A 13-year-old Kodiak boy was medevac’d to Anchorage after an ATV accident near Roslyn Beach on Saturday. The Alaska State Troopers report he was driving a four-wheeler on a trail near the beach when the accident occurred.
Troopers and Kodiak Fire Department EMTs needed to be ferried by others on ATVs to reach the site of the accident. After the boy was treated on the scene, an Air Station Kodiak Jayhawk helicopter was called in to medevac him to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center. The Troopers report he was then flown to Anchorage for further medical treatment.
The unidentified boy reportedly suffered a head injury, and WAS wearing a helmet at the time of accident. The Coast Guard listed him as stable when they transferred him in Kodiak. His current condition is unknown.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Keystone XL Pipeline Gets Regulators' OK In Nebraska, Clearing Key Hurdle
- Trump To Designate North Korea As A State Sponsor Of Terrorism
- Spit Test May Help Reveal Concussion Severity
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Merkel 'prefers new vote' after German coalition talks fail
- Brexit: Electoral Commission reopens probe into Vote Leave
- Jana Novotna: Former Wimbledon champion dies at age of 49
- Why do so many US women die giving birth?
- Florida plane highway crash caught on dashcams
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages