The latest catch figures from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game show Kodiak fishermen scooping up about a half-million or more pink salmon a day. Sunday’s catch of 641,778 and yesterday’s haul of 621,070, boosted the season total over 8-million.
East and northeast Kodiak area fishermen have caught 3.1-million pinks, while west side fishermen have netted 2-million. Cape Alitak and Humpy-Deadman fishermen have taken another 1.5-million.
With just over 2-million red salmon, about 600,000 chum, 45,000 silvers and 32,000 kings, the all-species harvest in the Kodiak Management Area through Monday was 10.8-million salmon.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Illinois Bishop Decrees No Communion, Funeral Rites For Same-Sex Spouses
- Arkansas Tries To Stop An Epidemic Of Herbicide Damage
- WATCH: It's Been A Long Week. So Here's A Gorilla Dancing In A Pool
- What The Man Who Ran Obamacare Thinks About the Republican Health Plan
- In North Carolina, No Is Not Always No, If The Sex Has Already Started
- Camden flats: Hundreds of homes evacuated over fire risk fears
- Brexit: EU leaders says UK offer could 'worsen situation'
- Dan Evans: Great Britain Davis Cup player tests positive for cocaine
- Exeter academy skirt boys win right to wear shorts
- Sally Hodkin murder: Failings led to killing by Nicola Edgington
- Radiohead on rare form at Glastonbury
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages