The founder of the Kodiak Coat Company, which got its start here in Kodiak before moving to Juneau about 15 years ago, is now moving on from water- and wind-proof fleece coats to a more genteel product line.
Bridget Milligan, the designer and creator of the popular wet weather coats named for Kodiak, is taking up leather and silks, and is leaving Alaska.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Opioid Treatment Funds In Senate Bill Would Fall Far Short Of Needs
- The Poet Bao Phi, On Creating a 'Guidebook' For Young Asian-Americans
- 'Khichuri': An Ancient Indian Comfort Dish With A Global Influence
- O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing Could Lead To His Prison Release
- Betsy DeVos' Latest Speech Draws Protests, Even Before She Speaks
- Video: Oil clues hidden in stone
- Audiogram: Alaska’s great recession
- Fishermen on Yukon lose economic opportunity when buyer becomes overloaded, cancels opening
- Alaska’s U.S. senators diverge on repeal, replace
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, July 19, 2017
- Stephen Wallace appointed as Bethel District Attorney
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages