Inez and Brandon Jones didn’t expect to write and illustrate a children’s book, yet through the many happenings of life, they did. Brandon Jones grew up in Kodiak and currently lives with his wife in Hong Kong. The two visit Kodiak each summer, but this year, they brought more than their family along. “The Contest,” is the duo’s first published children’s book, which hit shelves this spring. The book was written by Inez and illustrated by Brandon. The Jones are currently in Kodiak and met up with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs to discuss their first stab at writing for children.
Inez and Brandon Jones will hold a book reading tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. at the Kodiak Public Library. You can also catch them during a book signing at Harborside Fly-By at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. “The Contest” is available online through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mom Of Cross-Border Shooting Victim 'Still Waiting For Victory'
- CHART: CBO Weighs Who Wins, Who Loses With Senate Health Care Bill
- Google Hit With $2.7 Billion Fine By European Antitrust Monitor
- From Birth To Death, Medicaid Affects The Lives Of Millions
- Mixing Business And The Presidency, Trump To Hold Fundraiser At His Washington Hotel
- CBO sees peril in Senate bill for uncrowded regions
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, June 26, 2017
- Chilkat weaver receives national folk art honor
- Man becomes first person to Race to Alaska on a stand-up paddle board
- Chitina dip netters can now catch salon in Copper River after spring ban
- Talkeetna’s inaugural Pride celebration draws a crowd
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages