Inez and Brandon Jones didn’t expect to write and illustrate a children’s book, yet through the many happenings of life, they did. Brandon Jones grew up in Kodiak and currently lives with his wife in Hong Kong. The two visit Kodiak each summer, but this year, they brought more than their family along. “The Contest,” is the duo’s first published children’s book, which hit shelves this spring. The book was written by Inez and illustrated by Brandon. The Jones are currently in Kodiak and met up with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs to discuss their first stab at writing for children.
Inez and Brandon Jones will hold a book reading tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. at the Kodiak Public Library. You can also catch them during a book signing at Harborside Fly-By at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. “The Contest” is available online through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Theresa May urges EU to retain trade terms for two years after Brexit
- Brexit: What did we learn from Theresa May's Florence speech?
- Parsons Green attack: Man in court charged with attempted murder
- Uber London loses licence to operate
- North Korea: Trump and Kim call each other mad
- Hurricane Maria: Woman and children stranded on vessel rescued
- Small spill reported at Valdez Marine Terminal
- Gov. Walker cites uncertainty over funding in opposing ACA repeal
- Cyrano’s Theatre Company is killing monsters…
- Should independents be able to run in a Democratic primary?
- Alaska News Nightly: Thursday, Sep. 21, 2017
- VP Pence calls in to Anchorage talk radio
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages