Inez and Brandon Jones didn’t expect to write and illustrate a children’s book, yet through the many happenings of life, they did. Brandon Jones grew up in Kodiak and currently lives with his wife in Hong Kong. The two visit Kodiak each summer, but this year, they brought more than their family along. “The Contest,” is the duo’s first published children’s book, which hit shelves this spring. The book was written by Inez and illustrated by Brandon. The Jones are currently in Kodiak and met up with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs to discuss their first stab at writing for children.
Inez and Brandon Jones will hold a book reading tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. at the Kodiak Public Library. You can also catch them during a book signing at Harborside Fly-By at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. “The Contest” is available online through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Rockets To Year's Top Domestic Opening, Disney Says
- Trump Allies Allege Mueller's Obtaining Trump Transition Emails Was 'Unlawful'
- British Embassy Worker Found Dead Near Beirut
- Virginia Woman Mauled To Death By Her Pit Bulls During Walk In Woods, Sheriff Says
- Astronaut Trio Heads For Space Station To Continue Scientific Research
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages