Inez and Brandon Jones didn’t expect to write and illustrate a children’s book, yet through the many happenings of life, they did. Brandon Jones grew up in Kodiak and currently lives with his wife in Hong Kong. The two visit Kodiak each summer, but this year, they brought more than their family along. “The Contest,” is the duo’s first published children’s book, which hit shelves this spring. The book was written by Inez and illustrated by Brandon. The Jones are currently in Kodiak and met up with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs to discuss their first stab at writing for children.
Inez and Brandon Jones will hold a book reading tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. at the Kodiak Public Library. You can also catch them during a book signing at Harborside Fly-By at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. “The Contest” is available online through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Facebook: Firm Working With Trump Campaign Stole 50 Million Users' Data
- In A Flurry Of Furious Tweets, President Trump Takes Aim At Mueller Probe
- Man Arrested for Bomb Threat at SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas
- Britain Accuses Russia Of Stockpiling Deadly Nerve Agent
- Trump Continues Barrage Against Special Counsel Mueller, Fired FBI Deputy McCabe
- Oil revenue is up in state’s spring forecast
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, March 16, 2017
- Preventing suicide with strength and resilience
- First Alaskans Institute helps revive Yup’ik traditional Qasgiq teachings at Cama-i
- Meet Lily and Gizelle
- Zulkosky organizes meeting to discuss alcohol’s impact on villages
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages