Inez and Brandon Jones didn’t expect to write and illustrate a children’s book, yet through the many happenings of life, they did. Brandon Jones grew up in Kodiak and currently lives with his wife in Hong Kong. The two visit Kodiak each summer, but this year, they brought more than their family along. “The Contest,” is the duo’s first published children’s book, which hit shelves this spring. The book was written by Inez and illustrated by Brandon. The Jones are currently in Kodiak and met up with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs to discuss their first stab at writing for children.
Inez and Brandon Jones will hold a book reading tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. at the Kodiak Public Library. You can also catch them during a book signing at Harborside Fly-By at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. “The Contest” is available online through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Pentagon Will Build 2 More Temporary Camps To House Migrants, Mattis Says
- Casualty Of Trade Tensions: Harley-Davidson Shifting More Production Overseas
- Red Meat Allergies Caused By Tick Bites Are On The Rise
- Pregnant Women: Avoid Soft Cheeses, But Do Get These Shots
- House Republicans Face Another Week Of Fighting Over Immigration
- Turkey election: Erdogan win ushers in new presidential era
- Jamaica deaths: Manchester couple 'dreamed' of move
- Heathrow Airport: Boris Johnson defends missing runway vote
- Roseanne Barr regrets becoming 'hate magnet'
- Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house
- Terminally ill woman makes memory boxes for her children
- Power lunch: US senators transfixed by Bear Cam
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Investing in small business
- Search still on for bear that killed one, mauled another in Eagle River
- Anchorage police arrest dozens in ‘Operation Midnight Sun’
- Two Alaska projects selected for federal marine energy innovation grant funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages